63. Bitter - Honest

"WHAT?"

Taehyung's arms around Jay's neck tightened. Did he just hear him right? Human-wolves? What on earth are those?

"You're scrunching your brows too much Taehyung. It looks like you're gonna pass out the second time." Jay felt utterly amused by the brown head's expressions.

"W-what do you mean by h-human wolves?"

"It means that we are half-humans and half werewolves."

"Are you fucking kidding me? You think I'm a child to believe in your fantasy?"

"Do you think I'm joking?" Jay stopped his footsteps, glared at the soft hazel eyes in his arms. He can be tolerating Taehyung for all he wanted but he is not the one to ignore comments demeaning their kind. His dark orbs flashed again in a deep maroon, making his entire pupil turn black.

"Y-your eyes..." Tae was shivering with the horrifying appearance in front of him. He is not accustomed to watching the shift of eye colours from one to another like changing outfits. He finds it amusing and scary at the same time.

"What about my eyes?" Jay growled.

"It changed. To black."

"Hmm, now don't even tempt me to get angry or anything coz the next thing you know, I might get triggered and change into my wolf form Taehyung. Be very careful with your words yea?" chuckled the man who continued to walk, feeling the boy in his hold tremble further.

Is he good or bad? What the hell did you do Taehyung?

The brown head cursed at himself mentally, starting to get uncomfortable with Jay's bipolar mood and unpromising character.

"So, as I was saying. We are half human and half wolf, we can transform ourselves into werewolves whenever we want to. After centuries of existence, we have accustomed to stay as human unless there is a need for an uproar. The last time it happened was during the dark days - about 50 years ago."

"Dark days?" Taehyung asked with his head looking forward, not dare to lift it to watch Jay's sickening expression. He needed some time to cool down.

"My bad, I'm getting way too ahead of my story here little one. Well to start it all off, we serve the deity who we refer to as Moon Goddess, she is the one who created this community and has been the one we obey. Of coz, with every good thing, there is a bad thing as well. When Moon Goddess created a special creation called the Guardians and planted an ace healer to be a healing element for us all, it created a very displeased opinion on wolves from the Crusader pack.

"Hence the dark days happened in which the dark war was the only war in human-wolf history which took many lives and eventually killed the only ace healer ever born after centuries." continued Jay with a stunned brown head boy in his arms.

"Wow...it feels like a fantasy fiction." Taehyung gasped. Why do all these didn't freak him out even the slightest? It provided more comfort for him as he swallowed the truth.

"I can see you're very amused about what I'm revealing. Are you not afraid or shaken by the info?"

"Nope. I'm glad I get to know the truth after being oblivious for such a long time. Can you please continue?" Taehyung can't wait to get to the part where he finds out about his contribution to the whole story.

"Ok. As I said, we live in a community of human-wolves. There are many packs across the world, across the territory. Shadow Pack for example is one of the strongest and most prominent pack in the human-wolf community within this territory."

"Are they like royals in the wolf world?" asked Tae with his innocent and curious voice.

"Tsk, I will never admit them as the royals. Stuck ups maybe yes? But not the royals. The Jeons, in particular, have been governing the head alpha of pack community position for centuries, giving them the upper hand in final decision making within the packs."