24. The Other Half

"Taehyung?"

Yoongi was the first to break the awkward silence as the rest of the members in the living space watched the newly tumbled in pair through the kitchen entrance.

"Jungkook, where did you guys disappeared to?" Mr Jeon cleared his throat, narrowing his eyes at his son.

"Um hey dad, it was just to the woods."

"Tae, let's say goodbye." Yoongi didn't want to wait further, he quickly advanced himself towards his brother with a thinly pressed smile on his lips.

"Already? It's not even 10 pm Yoongles."

Taehyung wasn't fully aware of the awkward tension hanging in the air, he was just surprised why his brother wants to head back home earlier than planned. It's not that they have anything else to do back home.

"Yea, I have to wake up early for some errands tomorrow. We should leave now Taebear."

"Ok."

Taehyung just nodded, walking towards his brother, leaving Jungkook rooted on his ground.

The raven head can feel the chillness in the air and he can already sense the awkwardness and discomfort within his family members and also his friends. For some reason, Jungkook can predict that the short hour which he manages to elope with Taehyung was enough for the rest of them getting a taste of the news.

"Bye Kooks, hope you had a good birthday and also keep my gift save, will you?"

Taehyung is hugging Jungkook right now. He was moving ahead with his brother but he turned on his heels and engulfed the alpha who stood frozen like a statue, arms limp on his side.

"S-sure."

"I will see you at school on Monday." Taehyung bopped Jungkook's nose and joined his brother to bid everyone else goodbye.

Few more minutes and the brothers were out of the Jeon's household. Jungkook did not wave Tae bye at the front door. Instead, he sneaked back into his room, body slumped on his bed recalling the sweet one hour he gets to spend with his mate.

"Urgh!"

The true alpha groaned in frustration. He is on the verge of agitation with the thought about not being able to hold and love his mate as he pleased.

"Jungkook?"

A couple of knocks and Jungkook knew who it was, more like who they are as the alpha can sense four different people's presence at his door. He knew his friends and brother are all crowding his door for one obvious reason.

"Guys, I'm not sure it's a good time to speak." Jungkook muffled out while hiding his face on the pillow, hand still holding Tae's crystal like it's been attached to his body.

"Nonsense. Now is the perfect time to speak."

Jin barged in completely unbothered by the lack of permission the younger exhibited. Jungkook knew there is no way he is going to be able to stop his curiously and somewhat excited friends so he stayed in his bed like a stone.

"Come on Kooks, inch over."

Jimin pushed the muscular body on the bed in a super failed attempt. Jungkook didn't even move an inch.

"Jeon Jungkook, I swear if you don't move and look at us then my horse slipper will land right on your coconut head."

Hoseok was not having any of the younger's silly behaviour. They came to the true alpha with a more pressing matter in their hands.

"Alright, fine! What is it about?" Jungkook groaned again. This time he looked like an absolute child throwing tantrums at his elders.

"Jungkook, I think you do know what we want to talk about." Jimin crossed his arms as he took a seat beside the raven head who now finally made some space for the elders to crowd on the bed.