50. Tinkles In My Heart

The pin-drop silence in the room was growing eery for the brown head as time passed by. Taehyung was still holding onto Jungkook's hands, fingers intertwined with the raven head as he used his thumb to rub the back of the alpha's hand. It was calming for the head alpha as Jungkook took in the relaxing feeling into him, eyes still on his father on the bed.

He can't believe someone would do this to his father. Mr Jeon has always gained the respect and love from everyone that knows him or have come across him. Jungkook's father is a respectable man in the wolf community which the younger Jeon took an extreme pride being born to such a charismatic and diligent man.

When he arrived to see the defeated state of his father, laying unconsciously on the bed it just made Jungkook's world crumble. He has never seen his father so weak and helpless in his eyes before.

"Kooks?"

"Yea?"

"Do you mind if I ask you what really went wrong with your father?"

Jungkook is rather calm now compared to the moment he received the news. He felt better and he knew eventually he had to speak with Taehyung about this. There is nobody else in this world right now which Jungkook rather share his thought of mind about.

"He is poisoned. We believe he must have eaten something that counter reacted in his body which degraded his health over night. Mom found him passed out in the bathroom this morning and they called in the doctor to check. The rest, you heard it just now."

Taehyung nodded. Jungkook could feel the brown head-nodding above him as he continued to rest his head on Tae's shoulder, finding immense comfort in the act.

"Do you want to talk about how you feel now?"

"I'm worried."

"Will you want to ask the doctor to come again and check on your dad?" Taehyung suggested.

"I heard Calum asking the doctor to return in an hour for another test. I guess it should be in another 15 minutes from now."

Jungkook looked at the clock on the wall and calculated the time as informed by Calum earlier.

"Do you need anything to drink? I can get them for you." Taehyung sat upright making Jungkook to lift his head and to finally look into the brown head's loving gaze.

"It's alright. I just need you here."

Taehyung nodded. He doesn't know what else he can offer or do for the troubled raven head, so he just decided to oblige to whatever he requests for. After all, staying with Jungkook through his hardships doesn't sound too bad at all. Taehyung never wants to leave his side as his heart aches to be apart from Jungkook when he needs him the most now.

"Just lean back and rest, let me check on your father. I will adjust his blanket for him, it's getting a little cold in here."

Taehyung offered when he notice the temperature dropping all of a sudden due to the air conditioning inside the room. He was worried for the older Jeon. The head alpha nodded and watched as Taehyung approached his father with caution and care.

Once Tae was near Mr Jeon, he watched the older man like a hawk and notice how pale he is looking. Although he must have suffered the pain from the food poisoning, Mr Jeon still looked calm and peaceful while he sleeps through his pain.

"Get well soon Mr Jeon. Kooks is worried about you, we all are. I hope you get better. You will be fine."

Taehyung pulled the duvet close to the older Jeon's chin and tucked him into it hoping that it will keep him warm. He even gently swiped away a few strands of hair in Mr Jeon's forehead, tapping the top of his greying hair in a gentle motion wishing him well.