60. The Missing One

"Jimin?"

Yoongi crossed his arms and widened his eyes at the little male among the crowd. He walked closer to the silver head who was holding Hoseok's arm tightly in his grip.

"You wanna follow Jungkook?" Yoongi asked Jimin once more, eyes never leaving one of his favourite males.

"Yes. It's also part of my duty as the assistant to the pack warrior to protect my head alpha."

"Jimin's right, I can never allow our head alpha to leave for a mission unprotected. He may be true blood and head of the strongest pack in the community, but there is no way I will allow Jungkook to travel on his own." Hoseok hugged Jimin's tiny waist in support of the shorter male's determination.

"Besides, I'm one of the fastest runner in the pack territory, next to Jungkook. We probably will need an hour gap between each other but it's better than letting him all alone into the dark forest."

Jungkook thought for a second. He is not in favour of having someone following him who might potentially delay his action and become a liability.

"Fine. We leave in an hour. Get ready. While we are gone, I want Namjoon to continue to stay with Jin Hyung. Hoseok increase the guards around the pack and secure the mansion, please send warnings to our families and ask them to stay off the pack's ground for now."

"What the hell do I do then?" Yoongi pointed at himself.

"Taehyung. You need to sit him down and let him know everything Yoongi. I believe it's also better for you as his brother to speak with him. I'd like to be there and do it but for now, I need to fulfil my duty as the pack's head alpha."

Yoongi solemnly nodded at Jungkook. The older knows that Jungkook is right, he has to be the one to break the truth to Taehyung. He has hidden the truth of their origin, about their parents, about their home, about himself for the past 21 years from Taehyung. He can't afford to do it any longer.

"Thanks. Now, if anything, absolutely anything goes wrong while I'm away, Hoseok will be in line for the second of command. I would have placed Joonie but I know he needs to be with Jin Hyung."

"I will stay guard Jungkook, you have my word." Hoseok bowed his head slightly in a dignifying manner, swearing his oath again to his head alpha.

"Good. Jimin, meet me at the backyard in 30 mins. I will be right there after I say goodbye to Tae."

"Ok Jungkook." Jimin obliged.

The raven head turned his heel to walk away from the study before a broken voice stopped his heels from proceeding further. His body froze with the melancholic tone as he cautiously turned towards his brother.

"Yes Hyung?"

"Will I have Jinnie back?" Namjoon's demeanour was close to a little 5 years old who struggles after being denied his favourite toy.

"Hyung." Jungkook didn't know what to say. He can only comfort his brother by closing his arms around the big guy, patting his back as an assurance that everything will be alright. Although the raven head is crossing his fingers, he can only hope the moon goddess will not disappoint him.

"Jinnie will be alright. I promise. I will be back soon Joon Hyung." Jungkook assured his trembling brother once again and finally left the study towards his room to find his mate.

.

"Tae-...Taehyung? Taehyung?" Jungkook screened through his room, his bathroom and even his balcony as the french door was wide opened.

"TAEHYUNG?" Jungkook screamed. His heart palpitated like it was going into a cardiac arrest, his mind clouded like a chalky bucket of water. He couldn't think, where is his mate?