..Tension..

Chapter Twenty-Three

...

The tension between Tomura and Shoto could suffocate someone by the mass amounts of malice in their aura as they had a three second stare down. And of course, lucky for Izuku, he was stuck in the middle of it. He looked behind him at Tomura then whipped his head back at Shoto; one of them thought they made Izuku cry, when they didn't, and the other knew the villain had something going on with Izuku that could be anything but good. So surely Shoto knew who was in the right and wrong. He didn't know what was going on with this villain and his classmate, but he was going to stop it.

"T-Todoroki-kun.." What could Izuku do in this situation ? He was sure any wrong move and the other two would start to attack each other! Taking a breath, Izuku stood up and held out his arms, trying to create a barricade between Shoto and Tomura. 

"Enough ! Todoroki-kun. It's not worth it.." If Shoto tried to start a fight with the leader of the League of Villains, there was no way he could win. He didn't know that this entire cafe was employed with other villains who could out number him. "If you do anything, you're going to get hurt.." he didn't want to out who Dabi and Toga were because...

Right now both of them were currently behind Shoto just a few feet away, knife and blue flames ready as if the second Todoroki looked like he was a threat, he'd be taken out. Both Dabi and Toga wore dark expressions as they eyed Izuku's classmate. Izuku glanced to the front door- the CLOSED sign had been put up so no customers would be coming to help them break up this dangerous situation.

"How cute..." Tomura chuckled, and suddenly his arms lazily wrapped around the smaller male with green hair. "A brat standing up for another brat.." his red eyes clashed with Shoto's frozen, dark stare. Izuku could feel the room drop dozens of degrees by the second. "Haha.. I'm Izuku Midoriya's boss and friend.." he introduced causally, holding out a hand.

"Shigaraki.. what are you doing..?" Izuku thought. 

Shoto didn't like- no, he hated seeing a villain like that act so buddy-buddy around Izuku, and even touching him causally like that. He clenched his fists. He wasn't allowed to use his quirk to fight without a license, but he was starting to not care about that too much. They would have to make an excuse for him if he was saving his classmate from a pro-villain right? And Todoroki was betting more and more on those chances as Tomura continued to taunt him.

"You would be surprised how close we are. Even his mom loves me.."

"Shigaraki, stop it ! Todoroki don't listen to him. He's trying to edge you on.."

"Ah, did he ever give you a nickname ?..."

"...!!!!"

"Guess not, huh.."

Izuku began to visibly panic. He couldn't make Tomura stop. What could he do without starting up a fight he and Shoto would be outmatched of? He felt anger rise up in him as Tomura began to not just humiliate him, but Todoroki as well. 

Tomura gave Shoto an ear-to-ear grin and still spoke in that raspy tone. "He calls me Shi-kun. What does he call you ? I bet you two still go by formal honorifics-"

"Shut up!!!"

*PUNCH*

Izuku had hit Tomura's face, causing an opening where he could pull out of his grip and push himself away from the villain. Izuku turned and took a few steps backwards, never letting his gaze leave Shigaraki. Todoroki, however, seemed snapped out of his angering daze when he saw Izuku push himself away. Izuku panted. He never felt so upset before.

''.......''

''.......''

For awhile, nobody moved. It felt like forever but in reality it was only a few long strained out seconds. Finally the look in Izuku's eye made Shoto relax and sigh under his breath. 

"Time to go.." He stood up suddenly. Izuku also sighed, but with relief- until Shoto grabbed his wrist then his breath hitched. "And you're coming with me..." Shoto added quietly, but sounded quite firm with that. No way was Todoroki leaving Izuku in this place with the villain- no less, the villlain who kidnapped him and left Izuku in that miserable form for weeks, temporarily having to take a leave from school, and was so felt bad for, even Bakugo took pity on Izuku. Not again, never again Todoroki was letting Izuku be trapped with these villains. 

Todoroki pulled Izuku, and almost in slow motion did the greenette fall face first into his chest. Then Todoroki put an arm around him and kept one hand ready to use his ice if he needed to. Izuku was too taken back to react. He blushed from this sudden physical contact and odd position, but before he could do anything, Todoroki already spoke up to the villain Tomura.

"Midoriya is quitting this sick place. Don't you dare come for him ever again or I will make you bastards sorry.." Todoroki threatened coldly, frost began to spread across the right side of his body, making him cold and causing Izuku to shudder from the temperature. But his face flushing was keeping him hot enough it didn't bother him. Izuku had never seen such a protective side to Todoroki before. 

Todoroki began to swiftly lead him and Izuku out of the cafe. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing Shoto found out, because Izuku felt like the weight of the secret of the villain's blackmail wasn't just his secret anymore. Maybe he could tell Shoto everything, and maybe they could find a solution. Izuku just had to skip the part about One For All . He felt worthless enough Tomura already knew about it. Izuku still wondered how he did.

As the bells *clinged* as the two students left, Tomura never moved . He held his cheek- it was bruising and stung as it began to swell a little. 

"That brat..."

Tomura's eyes were wide as Izuku and Todoroki left and were out of sight.

"Never even looked back."

. . .

"Master Tomura. That's enough alcohol.." Kurogiri  sighed, taking the empty bottle away from Tomura. He never whenever his master drank he was in a bitchy mood and not to be messed with. But Kurogiri also knew it was for Tomura's personal best he didn't get a hangover while being leader of the League and all that. Not to mention, it made Kurogiri worry for Tomura.

Tomura , however, was sitting at the bar, his fingers twitching - he wanted something to destory, but he ran out of Kurogiri's dishware- thus the piles of dust on the counter Kurogiri himself was having to clean up.

"Can you believe that UA brat ..? That little bastard.. HE NEVER EVEN GLANCED BACK AT ME!!" Tomura shouted , slamming his fists onto the countertop- causing silverware to rattle and fall onto the floor. "AFTER EVERYTHING I'VE DONE FOR HIM TO HELP HIM PRACTICE FOR THAT STUPID, GOD DAMN FESTIVAL-'' Tomura threw a bottle at the wall, and of course the bottle shattered. ''WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?!"

Kurogiri had to keep leaning out of the way as his childish master threw things left and right. 

Ah, this was going to be a long night. 

"A-ahem, master Tomura. You told me everything that happened already two hours ago. Perhaps... you should go and... apologize if you miss that young hero so much.."

Of course Kurogiri knew that idea would never work, and sighed as Tomura stormed off, nearly giving any of the other villains who crossed paths with him a heart attack. Silently , all the League members could agree on one thing: to leave Tomura alone until he cooled down.