..Tell Me..

Chapter Twenty-one

...

It had been three days since Shoto had seen Izuku and his accomplice at the ice-cream shop downtown. The hints were there- yet Shoto was still missing something- something important, but what? What was the clue to put this puzzle together? He had been pondering on it ever since he saw those two. If that person was the one who kidnapped Izuku, then it was no coincidence they were at the same place. And it added to that knowing Izuku was wearing the hoodie the villain had. Did the villain give it to him? That was another mystery on its own, and Shoto figured he could think about that later.

And being the straight-forward person Shota was, he decided he would just simply ask Izuku about it. He would get directly to the point this way. 

...

"One cafe latte for.. Oh ! Todoroki- san ?" Izuku asked out loud, surprised to see his classmate here of all places. Did Shoto discover this is the coffee place Izuku worked at? Because Izuku couldn't see another reason for his crappy looking place attracting a customer like Shoto.

Izuku rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly after setting down the latte and smiled at the other a bit. "Um, sorry. I wasn't expecting to see you here. Is everything alright?"

Todoroki stared at the other for a moment- an intense stare- and it lasted for awhile. Then the handsome young male leaned against his fist , his multi-colored eyes never left Izuku's figure. "I didn't know you worked here. " He commented- causing Izuku to flinch and panic a bit. "W-Well," Izuku started, scratching his head nervously. "I haven't worked here long. A bit after I got back to going to school again." He explained. However Todoroki raised a brow at him.

"Isn't that a bit careless after you just started coming back to get a job so far away from school?" He asked, sounding unsure of that. Or maybe well, unconvinced... and that wasn't good.

Midoriya gulped. He played with the tray he was holding. "I, um, needed a distraction.." he lied, feeling like dirt lying to his friend- well , him and Todoroki weren't that close, but Izuku still felt bad. He hated lying. And as cold as Shoto came off as, Izuku didn't find him a bad person. If anything Shoto seemed super determined to win the Festival. And Izuku admired it, even if Shoto was a bit over passive aggressive  about it, causing most of his fellow classmates to feel uneasy around him. At least Bakugo would admit out loud he wouldn't feel bad about killing you if you got in his way, Shoto was just quieter about it.

"I see."  was Shoto's reply as he didn't even touch his latte. He sat there for a minute, his hands in his lap..

Izuku thought maybe this could be his excuse to leave, and glanced behind him and began to walk away. "W-well, enjoy your latte. Let me know if you need any-"

"Tell me, Midoriya..." Shoto stated suddenly in a lower tone, causing Izuku to freeze in place. The greenette looked over his shoulder, his heart felt like it fell to his stomach when he saw the expression on Todoroki's face , and his breath got caught in his throat when Shoto said-

"Who were you with three days ago at the ice-cream parlor ?"

...

"Is it finished? Kid, I'm talking to you." Muttered an annoyed Tomura who flicked Yuu's forehead afterwards. The villain and younger villain in training were in the villain's HQ at the moment , unaware of Izuku's situation with Shoto. 

Tomura was too busy waiting impatiently for his walkie-talkie device to be fixed. It hadn't been working well the last couple of days, and he was having Yuu fix it for him. Not that the kid had a choice, but ha happily complied to do it.

"Oww! Kurogiri-san! He hurt me!" The child whined, dropping his wrench and blowtorch... on Tomura's foot. That sent a shout of pain coming from Tomura, as he grabbed his foot and cursed at the other- which then got him teleported across the room away from the child thanks to Kurogiri.

"Master Shigaraki. Please refrain yourself from using such language against children." He told him, still causally cleaning the counter after giving Yuu a glass of root-beer. Then he went back cleaning and tidying up even the smallest of spots and spaces. As well he didn't have much to do in his free time besides keep Tomura out of trouble. Not Yuu. Just Tomura.

"Ouch! DAMN IT! ONLY AGAINST THAT CHILD!" He retorted back in a raised tone.

"I've heard the way you talk to Midoriya-san."

"HE'S NOT A CHILD!"

"Then what  is he to you, Master Shigaraki?" Kuro asked in return, glancing up from a glass to look at the leader. 

For a second, Tomura seemed caught off guard. He bit his lip underneath the hand he wore on his face and muttered another curse too rude to say, and turned away. 

"Is that why you call him names like 'brat' ? Are you trying to convince yourself you see him like Yuu-kun and everyone else ?" The other continued to ask Tomura, and Tomura continued to try and ignore it. He clenched his fist carefully, gritting his teeth...

"If I may ask, what type of category did you put Izuku Midoriya in?"

Kurogiri barely asked, and hardly did a split second go by before Tomura slammed his hands on the counter- starting to rot the polished cherry-wood away. Malice was radiating off his body as he seemed pissed. Angry...

"Listen Kurogiri! Just keep to doing what you're best at and clean this forsaken excuse we have as a hideout! Just keep out of this! Just SHUT UP!" He ordered, slamming his hands against the counter again- the rotted wood broke through, causing debris and dust to come out. Tomura, with heavy breaths, turned his back on both Kuro and Yuu, and left out the front door- slamming it behind him - the doorknob disintegrate as well, falling into a scattered pile of nothing. 

...