..Mei Hatsume..

Chapter Eleven

The following Monday, Izuku Midoriya had gave up his lunch period to visit the the Support Department's lab. The young hero had something important he wanted to ask someone, and to borrow a few things. He also knew the best person to ask these sort of things would be somebody who would be specialized in building and technology.

"Hello? I'm Izuku Midoriya from class 1A--" He immediately stopped when he saw someone leaving the room just as he was coming inside.

"Todoroki-kun?? What are you doing here?" Izuku asked curiously and surprised to see his classmate here so suddenly. The Sports Festival was  approaching soon, so seeing Todoroki here probably shouldn't be  surprised. Maybe he needed something for training.  "Funny seeing you here, huh." Midoriya laughed slightly, scratching his cheek. 

Todoroki stared at him calmly-- that usual stare only Shoto Todoroki could pull off. He nodded a bit and walked around Izuku without another word. 

"...Oh! Um, see you later then--" Izuku said awkwardly, turning around to wave Todoroki off. "That was..." Izuku sighed, unable to even finish. Todoroki always acted like that so it wasn't anything new honestly. Sometimes the greenette wondered if his classmate even liked hanging around anyone , but, if that was true, wouldn't Shoto ever feel lonely? Izuku thought so.

'Or maybe he just doesn't like you.'   Izuku's thoughts slipped by without meaning to. He quickly shook his head. They had only known each other for awhile now. Maybe Todoroki wasn't read to open up yet. Izuku could wait. After all, he still had questions he would love to ask Shoto about his quirk , and a new friend wouldn't hurt , either!

The greenette made his way inside the Support Department's Lab. Inside were all sorts of gadgets, half-finished projects, scraps of metal and tools on every surface and the floor. It looked like someone's insane imagination had exploded all over the room. Izuku carefully stepped inside and quietly shut the door. He smiled nervously. "Anyone here? I'm Izuku Midoriya from class 1A-" He was cut off by a pink-headed girl getting shot sky-rocked right towards him !

"A-A-AH!" Izuku cried out and quickly dodged-roll onto the floor and out of the way.

CRASH

Izuku slowly removed his arms that were covering his head and looked over his shoulder at the girl who had almost collided with him seconds before. She was on the floor with broken metal debris on her; her feet and arms sprawled across the floor, but she had a big grin on her face-almost nerve-racking with what just happened that nearly gave Izuku a heart attack. 

"O-Oh my gosh!! Are you okay?!" Izuku jumped to his feet to help the girl up, but she immediately sat up, her smile still on her face-never vanishing, but seemed to grow like a kid who just did the most fun thing ever. She whipped her pink head directly to face the other and pumped her fist excitedly and began ranting on loudly with happiness. 

"DID YOU SEE THAT ?! HAHA! I'M A GENIUS ! HAHAHA!" She exclaimed loudly with madness. "QUICK!" She shouted, snapping all her attention on Izuku instead of herself. "I NEED my notepad !! I gotta write this down. Only  had to rebuild 267 times and it still  went  horizontal !!" She laughed like a maniac and stood up, not even bothering to brush herself off before she ran off across the room, grabbed a notebook in a toolbox, and came back, crouching down in front of the destroyed machine and began scribbling notes down while humming to herself with a chesire grin.

Izuku stood there awkwardly until he had the courage to clear his throat a bit and waved a little at the girl. "H-Hi, I'm Izuku Midoriya of class 1A, and I wanted to ask someone in the Support Department if I could borrow a few things." He repeated politely with a small smile, seeming anxious.

"Oh!" The girl finally payed some real  attention to Izuku standing there behind her. "Hey! You look smart! What do you need? Did you see my baby in action?! Wasn't she a beauty exploding in my face like that?!" She gushed excitedly as she jumped up back onto her feet and pulled her goggles up onto her forehead. "I'm Mei Hatsume: The most amazing inventor you'll meet! I am in the Support Department, but that's obvious, huh!" Mei greeted eccentrically holding out a gloved hand with oil smeared across it, which, because Izuku was polite and did come here for something, shook Mei's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Hatsume-san." He greeted back. "I was here because I was hoping to borrow some-"

He couldn't finish because Mei was already ready to suggest him with different ideas, solutions and gadgets he could be wanting.

"What you do ya need?! A support item for the Festival ?! A tune up of sorts?! You need something that could blow up an entire area of a thousand and three hundred square miles?!" She immediately began bombarding the other with eager questions. "I can build it! Just tell me what you need! Don't be shy!  Speak up , Midoriya-san!!!"

When the greenette could  finally speak, he quickly answered, "I need canvas fabric, leather, um, another fabric that durable, but softer and sewing needles strong enough to sew them together." Izuku replied. "I was hoping if you could look at a sketch I made and tell me if you think it'll work." He added and pulled an open notebook from his backpack and handed it to Mei. True, maybe his project would be faster and most definitely put together better if he asked Mei to build it, but he couldn't do that. He didn't even want her asking about it.

"Leather? What are you building? Torture devices ?~" Mei asked curiously as she handed him back the notebook. "I'd say the design is fine! Weird, but it'll work. Though what do you need them for?" She asked him and walked over to a cabinet full of different cloth materials. 

"O-Oh, um, just a new costume idea of sorts. . ." Izuku replied while scratching his neck. "Um, but if it's all good with you, can you not mention this to anyone, Mei-san?" He asked hopefully.

"No problem! I have secret projects of myself!" She replied with a thumbs up, making Izuku sigh quietly with relief he could trust her not to tell. He didn't need it a big deal after all. But mostly because he didn't want Mei, someone innocent getting caught up knowing his problems, and eventually in his troubles.

"Heeeere ya go!" Mei handed Izuku a cardboard box with the suppiles neatly put in. "Just let me know if you want me to build anything for you! I can make any baby you ask for!"

"I-I have a feeling that sounded differently in your head..." Izuku muttered to himself , flushed.

After thanking Mei for her time, the tools, and materials, the young UA student left the Support Department Lab, and continued on his way to his locker, where he could put this stuff away and hopefully catch a bit of time with his friends before their next class.