..Training..

Chapter Fifteen

...

"Why do you keep staring at me like that? Keep it up, and I'll disintegrate your face off!" Tomura had warned Izuku. Both of them were now back outside. Izuku was on the ground stretching his legs and arms, getting ready to train while Tomura was sitting a few feet beside him. The villain kept pulling out his phone and, what Izuku assumed, was texting someone and then putting the device back down. "Are you even listening?" 

Why was Tomura asking that question when he was the one looking at his phone!? Who was he talking to anyway?

Izuku didn't answer immediately, and instead turned away. "I know you wouldn't do that here. It's a public park and someone would see you." He muttered after a second with a frown and adjusted his shoe laces. "What are we even going to do?" He asked, not wanting to sound impatient and get Tomura irritated, but Izuku just wanted to get home as quickly as possible. Ever since earlier in the restroom, Izuku felt a mixture of confusion, sickness, and a rapid heartbeat that made his head hurt. It's that kinda feeling you get when you know you've done something wrong, but can't do anything about it. Just let the feeling shallow you up until you have to accept it. 

"Why do I feel so guilty. . .Did I do something wrong?"  Izuku thought seriously to himself. 

"Get up." Tomura ordered as he stood back up. He put his phone back into his pocket. 

"You never told me what we're going to do first." Izuku pointed out as he stood back up as he was told. 

Unfortunately for Izuku, maybe he shouldn't have asked; the grin growing on Shigaraki's face sent goosebumps crawling up his arms as he watched the taller villain carefully pop his knuckles and said with a grin, "Run." 

"...Huh?" Izuku looked confused and worried now-worried for himself that is. He took a step back when Tomura stepped forward. "Run? Why? What are you-"

"You don't practice jogging or anything?" Tomura asked bluntly, staring at Izuku like the greentte was wasting his time.

Izuku blinked-seeming to have gotten the wrong idea. His first reaction was that Tomura was planning to chase him, do something terrible, but . . he just wanted Izuku to do some running laps.

"I. . .do." Izuku replied after a second, his heart which had been skipping beats, slowed back down, and he let out a small breath he didn't realize he was holding. Why did he feel and judge Tomura's actions so quickly? Was it because the other was a villain, and Izuku instinctively went into defense mode? Was he that sure Tomura was lying? Ready to kill the hero at any given chance when Izuku wasn't looking?

Did Izuku automatically assume the worst because Tomura was a villain? But wasn't that normal? 

"It was like at the arcade. . "  Izuku remembered when he was surprised that Tomura was good at playing video games just because the latter was a villain. It was almost like Izuku had forgotten the League- villains in particular were normal people too- just, well, villains. Maybe. . somehow in a way they weren't so-

"Let's get going then." Tomura snapped the other out of his fantasy land, and Izuku blinked, rubbing his eyes and nodded, but paused when he saw Tomura already taking a few steps towards the sidewalk like he was planning on coming along. 

"Are. . .are you running with me?" Izuku asked, the confusion very much there in his tone. However, Tomura shook his head almost immediately, sickened by that thought of running with Izuku- or just running in general. 

"Not exactly. Someone gave me some ideas on ways to shape you up the heroes wouldn't think of teaching you at your so-called hero school." Tomura replied, stretching his neck as he looked over at Izuku- who was waiting behind him, seeming ready to start.