Chapter 4.2

(I promise this will be the final chapter outside of Hogwarts for a while)

BUZZING AND BEEPING

THE HEART RATE monitor kept steady, buzzing and beeping

Lara Lovegood sat slouched over her cousin, clinging onto his hand that had various tubes and patches stuck to it. Her small sobs choked out, her voice to weak to make a sound above a whisper. A single tear fell down her cheek, surprising her slightly, as she was sure she had already cried out the last of them. Lifting her head, the white hair that had since grown to shoulder-length, fell around her face and stuck to her dampened cheeks.

Her eyes were red and bloated as they scanned the room, identifying each and every figure that stood before her.

The heart rate monitor remained steady. Buzzing and beeping.

Louis was standing firm, his arms crossed in a 'dominant older brother' position, but his eyes told another story. His eyes were upset, disappointed for the girl before him. He shuffled awkwardly on his feet until her solemn eyes left his.

Zhen Bell, Puddlemere teammate, stood towards the back of the room, leaning on the wall, reserved from the rest. He stayed quiet, staring down at the ground as if it were the most hypnotising thing in the entire world.

Lara didn't keep her eyes on him too long, they hardly knew each other. But Lara knew he was close to Elijah, for Zhen would be a frequent visitor to the hospital. And if Lara got him on a good day, Zhen would share all sorts of stories of Elijah that gave her a new found hope in his return.

Next was Doctor Jenna Mae and Isaac Smith, who stood next to each other. Isaac had been peering over her shoulder for the past half hour, his eyes scanning over the information clipboard that always sat tight in her grip. The two sent a sorrowful look, Isaac smiling lightly to attempt to comfort Lara's depleted form. Jenna tucked her ginger hair behind her ear, pushing her blue rimmed glassed further up her nose in a nervous habit.

The ray of sunshine in Jenna had since been sucked out after witnessing Lara's state. She had spent a lot of time with the Ravenclaw, and the Ravenclaw trusted Elijah's life with Jenna. She was a good doctor, and for her they were lucky.

The last person of the room was Isla Mayfield, who sat on the windowsill. Her head was raised slightly, with a cigarette perched comfortably in between her lips. Ella's face was straight, and did not look to Lara Lovegood. She only looked outside at the ground below, analysing the light raindrops that trickled down the glass. She blew her cigarette smoke out through thinned lips, and gazed as it was sucked out into the cold, through a small crack in the window.