Chapter 2.2

RADIO WAVES

"Moving on, on Tuesday we said our sorrowful goodbyes to Lila Wennings, Puddlemere's star beater, who has passed away just weeks before the quidditch world championship is set to begin

The beloved beater fell into a coma earlier this year, after she fatally collided into a fellow teammate, Elijah Emerson, and dropped over 100 feet. Inside sources from St.Mungos hospital tell us how she was determined to hold on until the end, however "it just wasn't enough" when things took a downward spiral last Friday. It was said that she passed peacefully, among friends and family who then attended a private funeral more recently.

It was also said that the family of Elijah Emerson were in attendance, however this has not yet been confirmed.

Upon learning the devastating news, millions of quidditch fans gathered worldwide at their local quidditch stadiums to pay respect to the beloved seeker and to send love and hope for Elijah Emerson, who remains in a long coma. Recent sources tell us that Elijah's condition has seen no good news, remaining at a steady pace. However friends of Emerson describe him as "too stubborn to give up now", which elicited pained laughs and nods from fellow teammates when being interviewed about the matter.

Family of Elijah have been very discreet on the matter and have refused to talk to the press, we assume this is because of their exhausted waiting period so we send our love and best wishes to th-"

Lara scowled, harshly pressing the off button on the flimsy radio before sitting back stiffly in her uncomfortable blue chair, palming at a piece of Elijah's blanket, clinging onto it for comfort.

"What are love and wishes going to do now?" She scoffed, earning a sorrowful look from Isaac who sat on the other side of Elijah's bed.

"They are just trying to help-" Isaac went to confide on reflex, this wasn't the first time Lara had gotten upset over the press.

"Help?!" Lara sat up straight again, eyes wide and voice raising "They've done nothing but harass and bombard us with stupid fucking questions ever since Elijah got here!" She defended, skin heating up.

Isaac sank back, nodding and glancing to an asleep Elijah.

"I'm sorry" Lara groaned after, slamming her hands over her red eyes. No tears came out, but she was still red from her sudden snappiness. The anger she took out on Isaac.

"I'm sorry" She repeated "I didn't mean to take it out on you, I just I- I'm tired of waiting" Her muffled apologies turned clear as she rose her head from her hands and looked to her pale cousin, stoic on his bed.