chapter nine

PARTY

"You did WHAT?" Ella screeches, mouth hung wide open, attracting unwanted attention from other Ravenclaw students

We were currently sitting in the Ravenclaw common room and Ella had demanded to know why I took so long to get to the stands.

I shushed the girl, placing my hand over her mouth. If anyone heard I knew it would be the new gossip of the month.

"Come with me" I ushered her, pushing against her back to direct her up the the stone stairs and into my dorm.

Once in there we saw Yasmin who was packing up a bag of clothes and makeup.

"Hi Lara! Ella! I was just going over to the Hufflepuff dorm to get ready with Fiona" she smiles and nods at us before picking up the bag and walking towards the door.

"So you nearly kissed?" Ella turns to me, breaking her silence.

"Never mind" Yasmin turns straight back and walks up to me. "Fiona can wait. Who did you nearly kiss?!"

"Um I-" I stuttered, not wanting to make it big news.

And it wasn't. I mean, we didn't even kiss and when Angelica came in he went so red with embarrassment. I'm sure he was probably just caught up in the moment.

"Oliver Wood" Ella squealed, gleaming with joy.

I watched as Yasmins jaw dropped. Her face grew into a large grin with big wide eyes.

"For Rowena's sake! Why didn't you?" She buzzed, guiding me over to sit on my bed.

I did and the two frantic girls sat either side of me. Waiting eagerly for me to say something to fuel their fangirling fire.

"Angelica walked in." I shrugged, a little disappointed at the thought of what could've happened.

"So you do like him!" Ella shook me excitedly, I only winced at her loudness.

"Called it" she whispered to Yasmin behind my back, who I saw nod in understanding.

"Yes. I think I do" I pressed my lips together, thinking of what to say.

"But I've only known him what? Three weeks? I hardly know him. Whenever we spend time together it's either tutoring or at breakfast" I sighed, laying my back on my bed and covering my flushed face with my hands.