Chapter twenty two

BALLGOWNS  AND BETRAYAL

"Hey"

He put slow, mouth hanging open slightly. His hands shuffled in his black blazer pockets as he looked me up and down. His brown eyes were sparkling under the warm lights of the school.

I walked down the stairs with Yasmin and Ella, who had already caught sight of Kieran behind Oliver.

I lifted up the gown and took in a deep breath, chills running down my arms as I neared the beautiful boy.

This was it.

3 hours earlier...

"I think pink!"

"Are you blind? The blue is obviously better!" Ella scolded, hitting Yasmin on the arm who simply scowled.

I stood on the platform, hands clasped together nervously as I waited patiently for them to stop squabbling.

We were currently at Betty's Ballgowns, and had been for the past 3 hours thanks to Ella. She had picked out 5 dresses, all shades of green (she was insistent on wearing her house colour) and took a whole 2 hours of trying on those 5 dresses and second guessing herself. Eventually, after much deliberation she had chosen. The forest green dress was lavish, made of thin satin that hugged her waist, then grew in size towards her feet. There was a large slit for her long brown leg to poke through.

Then there was Yasmin, who had already been sent her dress from her mother

Then there was Yasmin, who had already been sent her dress from her mother. It was gorgeous, and Yasmin was happy she could show off her culture for once, unlike when she had to wear the boring school uniform all day. She came to the small Hogsmeade shop with us anyway, not wanting to miss out on the dress
trying on.