chapter 1.2

THE FUNERAL

London wasn't known for it's tranquility, how could it have been? The capital was infamous for its crowded tourist destinations and bustling night life that swam among a sea of neon lights

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

London wasn't known for it's tranquility, how could it have been? The capital was infamous for its crowded tourist destinations and bustling night life that swam among a sea of neon lights.
Of course, it would frequently pour, but that usually didn't stop people from rushing to the streets to go about their days.

However on this solemn Tuesday afternoon, no neon lights were flashing. Instead, anonymous faces walked across the way with nothing but their internal dialogue crowding their minds. Nobody gave anybody a spare glance, nobody thought to look up from their newspaper, or to put out their cigarette to focus on something else. Because if they did, the results would be devastating.

The world had since been split in two, it was fractured by heartbreak, loss and lies, and the one thing that could stick it back together had been ripped away.

Love.

Love thrived in communities but this place wasn't a community in any sense of the word, no, this place held no meaning to anybody or anything.

The Lovegood siblings huddled under a single black umbrella, that just about kept them sheltered. Both winced as the rain battered onto the thin, loose material, creating the soundscape to their dull afternoon, and mirroring the tears that fell freely from their hooded eyes. The two quickened their pace, wading through greyish puddles of murky water that flooded the streets of London and running to cross the road, approaching the black gates.

'ST. MARY'S CHURCH'

read in black, metal lettering. Larissa Lovegood's lifeless blue eyes scanned over it, thinning to identify the words correctly.

"I can't do this" She mumbled under her breath, drowned out by the thunder that crackled in the distance.

Louis sniffled, turning his head to look down at the white haired girl. He saw how her fist clung around the metal of the umbrella stem, her knuckles turning white at the pressure of her grip. His green eyes fell on her blue, but she remained stoic, shivering and hyping herself up to take that first step.

But not even Louis had the energy to do that, so instead they stood still, lips chattering and minds reflecting on the past months. The agonising months of silence, waiting, mourning, and more waiting. The siblings were exhausted, but the waiting was not yet over, and it wouldn't be for a while.

School started next week, Lara, Louis and Luna had missed a few terms at the end of year five to come home but Luna had to return eventually, as they couldn't look after her full time.

GHOST (Oliver Wood Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें