Chapter 10.2

Vote bc this chapter took me (miss procrastination) forever <3

ROOM 712

Lara, like I told you, found the letter

Lara read the letter.

And Lara cried.

What came after was done quickly, and quietly.

She made her way to Professor Flitwick, letter in hand and mind flooding with intrusive thoughts. She broke open the door to his office and informed him of the situation before he could spit out a single word.

Then, he encouraged the girl to move with haste; packing few things and telling her friends to 'avoid them worrying'. So, she gathered them until they were accumulated on the Ravenclaw sofa. Each sitting nervously and waiting for her announcement. She spoke her words with a broken voice, not knowing what to feel before being bombarded with everybody insisting they go with her to the hospital.

She then found Luna, and told her to wait at the castle until dad came to pick her up and bring her to the hospital (like the letter had informed her to do) while she gathered her things.

Her friends continued to insist on coming with her, following her around like lost puppies. They just wanted to know how she felt, for she looked a great mess and they wanted to help in anyway way that they could - especially Ella.

In the end, she took Yasmin and Oliver. Yasmin came on Louis' demands (in the letter), while Oliver came on his own.

Now, the three were rushing through the strikingly white corridor of St.Mungos, having apparated there from the station. Lara's hands gripped the Gryffindor's, her feet carrying her down the squeaky linoleum floor. Her mind traced over every single situation she could walk in on.

If the letter was true, Elijah was awake, but incredibly weak.

The news surprised Lara. Hell, it smacked her across the cheek, spit on her then kicked her to the curb. But she was so incredibly torn by those words. In one hand, She wanted to feel happy, overjoyed! I mean, he was awake, right? That's a good thing. But her mind pinned the word 'weak', and ran it over a million times. What does 'weak' even mean? She wanted to find out - no, she needed it. Her legs built up pace at the desperation to know, her white hair bellowing behind her like a snowy owl in a treacherous thunderstorm.

She glanced over to Yasmin, whose eyebrows were slammed together in anxiety. Lara had briefly pondered why Louis had requested her, was it that bad that he needed her there? And then her eyes drifted to Oliver, her Oliver, who would not let Lara go alone.