chapter six

START OVER

Dear Eli,

Things are going great at Hogwarts! I've settled in fine and would love to tell you  that... Luna's in Ravenclaw! Told you she would be an eagle like me, she's too much like her older siblings! 

Anyway, this year I've been asked to tutor the "less-advanced" students.  amongst those students is Oliver Wood, Louis' best friend (I'd appreciate if you wouldn't mention that to Louis, I would like to live a long life).

Ella and Kieran say hi! Ella, in particular was asking about how you got on over the summer, the crush remains unfeigned. I've also met two lovely twins, Fred and George who I hope to see more of. They're Gryffindors you'll be happy to hear.

Enough about me. How is everything at home? Miss me yet? How is Puddlemere doing without their favourite mascot? I don't know how they cope. I hope you are doing well, I honestly miss you to bits and I've only been here two days.

Lots of love,

Riz x

I sighed, setting my black feather quill aside and folding the cream parchment down the middle. Slipping the letter into a envelope, I used melted blue wax to close it.

I got up from the desk in my empty dorm and carried it to the window where my snowy owl, Nova, was cleaning her wing.

"Here you are, my love" I held the letter out and she grabbed it in her small golden beak.

"To Elijah please, and make sure he gives you treats and a rest before you make your way back" The owl cooed and with a flap of her wings was off into the dreary September weather.

I gazed out of the window for a while longer, taking in the beauty of Hogwarts. Ravenclaw tower really did have the best view. You could see the valleys for miles and miles, stretching out onto the horizon that shone with a golden gleam almost every evening. Like it was now.

A yawn tore it's way from my mouth, reminding me of my exhaustion. I'd been here two days and I'd already been working non-stop. When I wasn't in class, I was tutoring. And when I was tutoring, I was either tutoring insolent year ones or an insolent Oliver Wood. I hadn't seen him since his and Louis little 'tiff' yesterday but I knew I'd have to deal with his grumpy attitude in our next tutorial.

I pushed myself off the windowsill and made my way to my bed. Falling onto the blue silk duvet and the grey fur pillows I felt pure bliss. I could stay here forever. With that in mind, I fell into a deep sleep.