chapter twenty seven

A TRIP TO THE HOSPITAL WING

"prick" I mumbled at his slouched form that sat on a hospital bed, waiting for his face to be treated

"hey, I'm not the reason we're here" He laughed, shaking his head. I crossed my arms, tearing my eyes from his green orbs when he smiled wider, clearly happy he was getting this extra time to tease me.

"you're right. Snape sent us here, so he's the reason"

"But if you hadn't punched me, he wouldn't of needed to"

I scoffed at that, rocking on my feet.

"If you weren't such a wanker, I wouldn't of punched you" I replied in spite.

He kissed his teeth, pulling his head back with his eyes still on me. I kept my eyes from his in fear his cocky smile would make me snap again, but I could see from my peripheral vision that he was taking me in, with screwed eyebrows as if thinking.

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry I brought Oliver into it" He learned forward, dipping his head to find my eyeline.

I turned around, dismissing him but taking in his words anyway. My eyes roamed over the empty hospital, avoiding his 'sorry' stature behind me.

"You're not sorry" I stated flatly.

"No?" His voice raised a little.

"If anything you're happy for what happened between Oliver and I. You weren't sorry when you brought him up"

"What would I get out of bringing up your ex though, Lara?"

My body turned to his instantly, my crossed arms falling stiffly to my sides.

"Because you enjoy rubbing the salt in the wound, Harvey" I drawled, trying to keep my breathing steady but failing.

"Hey, calm down princess you don't have to believe me but I really am sorry" He held his arms up in surrender, retreating a little.

"stop calling me prince-" I went to scold, but was interrupted by Madame Pomfrey storming though the blue curtain with a first aid kit.

"Well! Mr Windam, it's the second time I've seen you this month" She rushed to his bed, shaking her head. I stepped back, crossing my arms once again and sneering at the wink he sent my way.

"What can I say, I guess I just have that kinda face" He shrugged, allowing his face to be pulled closer by the old lady for her to inspect.