chapter thirteen

NOTES

I sat stoic in the drowsy potions class, slouched lazily in my seat

I sat stoic in the drowsy potions class, slouched lazily in my seat. Snape had been going on about liquid luck for about half an hour, his voice droning on lulled me into a deep daydream. I was also extremely tired from last night with Oliver, we stayed up talking longer than I expected. I fiddled with the quill in my hand, dipping it in the ink pots and drawing little hearts around the corners of my notes.

"Miss Lovegood." Snape's voice boomed from above me. I jumped slightly, putting my quill down and looking up at him, gulping.

"Yes professor?"

"As pretty as those hearts are" He began, sarcasm dripping from his words. "they are futile to your learning and a distraction"

"r-right professor of course. I'll just put this in the bin" I smiled awkwardly, grabbing the page and sliding out of my seat, away from him. He kept a burning stare until I walked to the corner of the room to the bin. Above the bin was an open window showing the bright blue sky outside. It was an October morning, the sun was shining yet I was inside. I internally groaned as I dropped the paper in the bin and turned to walk back to my seat.

Just as I began to step forward, something hit the back of my head.

"Ow! fuck." I exclaimed, a bit too loudly. The entire class quieted and looked my way (including Snape), judging looks on their faces. I could see Ella out of the corner of my eye giggling. I laughed awkwardly before turning back to the window my cheeks flushed a bright red in the reflection. I widened my eyes at my embarrassing state before looking for what hit me in the head. I scan the wooden floor, my eyes finally landing on a small paper airplane.

I took a look around to see if anyone was looking, they weren't. I bent down to pick up the paper and unfolded it neatly.

It read

Gorgeous Lara,

Come watch practice at the quidditch pitch after class, then we can hang out.

- O x

I smiled down at the letter before stuffing it in my pocket and returning to my seat. I met Ella's curious gaze, she looked down to my pocket and so when Snape was looking away, I ripped the note from my pocket, scrunched it up and threw it her way. It hit her straight in the eye and she winced with a "fucking hell, Lara, learn to throw!" whispered aggressively across the room.

"Learn to catch" I snorted. I watched as she uncrumpled the note, her eyes scanning over it multiple times. Every time she read it, her eyes got wider.