24.2// Fire Exit//

I sat on Harrys sofa, watching him take off his tie unbutton the first two buttons on his shirt. He brought out matches and started to light candles. He couldn't get the hang of lighting the match so I got up and gently took it from him.  I lit the match and started to light the candles. I felt Harry looking at me with a sense of adoration that made me feel self conscious. 

"Stop looking at me like that".

"I can't help it". 

I blew the match out and looked at him dead in the eyes. He stepped closer and put his hand on the side of my face, just as Tom did an hour ago. His thumb gently rubbed my mouth and before I knew it his lips were on mine.

He pulled away and led me to the sofa. He sat down, me on top of him and we carried on. I started unbuttoning his shirt and he stopped me. 

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for this Y/N".

I looked at him, waiting for more.

He gulped, "I've, I've always liked you Y/N ever since we first met. But then you met Tom and I knew that I didn't have a chance, but I just want you to know that I've loved you Y/N, I always have".

I took my hands off his shirt and stared at him, stunned.

Harry could sense my panic. "It's okay if you don't feel the same", he quickly said, taking both my hands in his, "but I know you like me too Y/N and I know it won't take long for you to feel the same about me. I'll wait for you, I promise".

I was speechless. Harry's a good man, he knows how to treat me right. He needs to know, about everything. I can't drag him down.

"Oh Harry", I whispered. "I need to tell you something". His face clouded and he sat up properly. 

"When-when I said I was going to the toilet, I actúally went to the back of the restaurant".

"To meet him". He interrupted bitterly. 

I nodded. "I swear it wasn't planned, it was just in the moment".

"You should go Y/N".

"Harry, please I'm so sorry, I don't feel-"

"No I mean, you should go with Tom. You need protection".

"What? How do you know?"

"He told me. Y/N, hear me out-" I got up and walked over to the box of matches. I found a cigarette in my purse and lit it.

"You smoke?" He asked.

"Only when I'm extremely stressed".

"Y/N look-"

"So you agree with him? You think I'm a pathetic, weak excuse for a human being who can't stand up for herself especially when she used to be part of the mafia. Lovely harold. Thank you so much". 

"Now i understood what he meant when he said you were stubborn".

I turned around and walked up to him. I took a long smoke and blew the smoke to the side. I finally said, "Tom doesn't know me like he used to. Now I'm starting to wonder if you know me at all". 

"Y/N all I want is to be with you. But if you don't leave, at least for a couple of months, i cant see that happening", he bent closer to the my face, "I promise I'll wait for you".

"Promise?"

He closed the gap between us and kissed me. We pulled away.

"There. Sealed with a kiss". 

I smiled. "I was hoping we could seal it with something more".

He smirked and slammed me into the wall. "As you wish".