2.0// The Tea //

I sat waiting in the Savoy Hotel. I reserved a table in the corner of the room, so no one would see and my dad; if he actually bothered to show up. I'd made the reservation for 5:30pm and it was 5:45. Of course he wasn't going to show up-what was I thinking. Sighing, I picked on my bag, but I saw his hair and his smile and I stood up, dropping the bag. He grinned and opened his arms out to hug me. I ignore the gesture and sat down, opening up the menu.

"You're 15 minutes late." I remarked whilst reading the menu.

"Sorry. Traffic."

"Mm."

There was an awkward silence for a while and I was praying for one of us to break that silence. Just not me.

"So darling. It's been a long time."

I put down my menu. "Not that long."

"It's been 4 years. That counts as a long time." He said gently.

I took a deep breath  

"Listen I didn't come here for a lovely father-daughter catch-up. I came to ask of you know anything about this." I cut to the chase and slid the blue envelope towards him.

"Ah yes I received one of these."

"And do you know anything about it?"

"No I don't."

I gave him a look that clearly said 'cut the shit mate'.

"Oh come on I wouldn't know, I didn't even READ it. One of the staff read it for me and just told me it's a ball on the 16th of January at 6pm."

"That's about the extent of what I know as well." I looked at him again. "Are you sure?"

"Oh come on honey, why can't believe me?"

"Oh, oh wow, your really gonna go with that question? Shall I remind you of the time you faked your-"

"Okay okay maybe I shouldn't have said that. But I honestly know nothing about it."

I huffed heavily.

"Did you read it?" He asked me.

"Well of course I did or else I wouldn't have contacted you after 4 long years dumbass."

He looked like he was going to say something against me calling me dumbass but thought against it.

"Well what do you know then?" He asked leaning back on his seat.

"All I know is that it's a ball, on January 16th and it starts at 6pm. Oh and it's at the same venue that Harrison had his 23rd birthday party. And I know that it's from someone in the mafia because YOU'VE been invited and no one in this world thinks you're alive." I threw my head back. "Why? Why would this specific person contact me? After 4 years?"

"Don't look at me I don't even know where you live." He retorted.

I sighed. What do I do?

He must've seen the look on my face because he then said-

"Call him."

"Call who."

"You know who."

"I'm not calling him."

"Why not."

"Because."

"Because?"

"Are you afraid? The Y/N I know wouldn't be a pussy to calling a guy." He smirked