16.0// Conference Room C //

"Name?"

"Vanessa".

"Yes ma'am. Letting you in now".

The heavy steel doors opened and I briskly walked in, absorbing the warmth. After that meeting with Robert, I decided to reside in St Moritz. My mother had a chalet here, which was her OWN property so they can't kick me out. 

You're probably wondering what I'm doing here. After my dad took EVERYTHING from me, I had to find somewhere to stay.

So many secrets. So many lies. I've faced more humiliation in the pasty week, than I expected in a lifetime.

"Camilla, call a board meeting".

"Sure thing sis. How was your meeting with dad?"

"That bad huh?"

"No, as in, he isn't actually my biological dad. They found my birth records".

"Oh my god! Vanessa, I'm so sorry. That's such a huge thing to take. But - but that probably means you've lost the company".

"I have. Dads nephew is coming to take over". I shook my head, mentally scolding myself for calling him dad. 

"But V, that means we can't pay-"

"NO, just call the meeting. I'll fix this".

I went up to my chambers to spruce myself up.

I can't believe this is happening. Now. This will change everything. He took it all away at the last minute and I'm beating myself up for not seeing it sooner. Why is karma such a bitch to me? In my anger I hurled a whiskey glass at the wall, barely missing Camilla.

"Umm....Vanessa?" Camilla appeared at the door timidly. 

"When's the meeting?"

"In an hour".

"Okay".

"Look, whatever is going on, I can help. Maybe I could-"

"Camilla, don't take this the wrong way, but your practically useless. I use you as a bait so Y/N can give over the company and that didn't work so what could you possibly do now? What, you gonna rise from the dead? I think the fuck not. So go make yourself useful elsewhere".

She pursed her lips into a thin line and left the room. I know I should've felt bad - but I didn't have time for this right now. I can't be nice anymore

I spent the hour brushing up on Y/N. How that woman has everything in her life I'll never know It's a bit pathetic as well - like let's be honest, she's not the next Beyoncé. And her acting is as wooden as a chair leg. Why people like her, why Tom liked her was beyond me. She's nothing but an attention seeker, always crying when things don't go her way. I don't see WHY everyone thought she was a good CEO, she spent most of her time screwing Tom. I read an article about her tour - it's the only thing she's done right. Stay a thousand miles away and don't look back. I mean she did exactly that for 4 years and those were the BEST year of my life, so it wouldn't hurt to do it again. 

I watched an interview - ironically about her relationships and love life. Ugh I want her smug face, going on about how relationships weren't her thing and how she's perfectly fine single. She even goes on to say that she doesn't have a type - but we all know that's not true. Married men or soon-to-be-married men are her type. What. A. Hypocrite. If you were perfectly fine alone, why did she have to take Tom away. Why did she have to shag my fiancé. Out of all the 3.5 billion dicks in the world, why him? Or maybe she wasn't fine, and she was so desperately alone, she always had to have the last word, taking Tom away, after I fixed him after SHE left his broken. She just can't bear to see me happy, to finally be stepping out of the shadow. She needs to be taught a lesson. 

Camilla reappeared at the door. "Vanessa, they are ready for you. Conference Room C".

"Thank you". As I passed her at the door I stopped. "Cam I'm sorry about what I said. We may not be sisters anymore but I didn't mean what I said. If there is any way you can help, I'll let you know".

She smiled at me softly, a way of accepting my apology. She was always there for me. I took a deep breath and walked into the conference room.

"Vanessa, what's going on? We heard you lost the deal?"

"And the company. What's that about?"

"Do you still get an allowance?"

"Thank you" I said loudly. Their questions were hurting my head. 

"Thank you for your concern" I continued. "And for being here at such short notice". I took my seat at the head of the table. "The rumours are true. You have heard correctly. Just a quick brush up. My allowance has been cut off but I can't still have at least 500 million in my account, maybe more. My cousin Christopher will be taking over the company. I didn't lose the Japanese weaponry deal. My father's company lost it. For mine, it still stands. So if there are any questions, we still have a plan to execute".

They all nodded and took out their files.

"Our first item on the agenda. Mr Tom Holland".