25.0// Brave Face /

To clear up any confusion, in this chapter it's Harry HOLLAND not Harry STYLES. Enjoy :)

"Y/N, dinners ready".

"I'm on my way Paddy".

I marked the page of my book and reluctantly pushed off my warm blanket. I shivered as the cold engulfed me.

I moved in with Tom's family, after much consideration (and due to Harry's persuasion). I was worried about having to stay with Tom, but I didn't need to. Most days I didn't even see him. Which I'm not complaining about. 

As I walked down the stairs, I breathed in the smell of steak and felt my mouth watering. I walked down and into the kitchen, seeing if I could be of any use.

"Ah Y/N, could you take the plates into the dining room".

"Sure".

I took the plates and started putting them out at everyone's designated seats. I paused at Tom's.

"Will Tom be eating with us?" I shouted 

"Probably not", answered Sam, as he walked in with the salad. 

I put a plate there anyway and sat down at my place, waiting everyone to follow suit. After everyone had sat down, we all started eating. 

"When will I be allowed to go out?" I asked. I bit my lip for asking such a stubborn question but I had to know. I'd been cooped up in here for a month.

"Y/N you know the rules until-"

"Until I'm safe yeah yeah. But when have I ever been safe? I went on tour, performed in front of thousands, knowing that I could be shot at any point".

"Look, I know this is hard. It's hard for ALL of us. But you just need to stick it out. I promise things will get better".

"Just trust Tom, he's sorting it out", Harry said.

"Trust Tom? I might as well shoot myself now".

Nikki and Dom exchanged meaningful glances but didn't say anything. 

"Its just", I spoke up again, "Awards season is just around the corner, and if I do get nominated for anything....it would mean a lot to me...and you know-"

"I doubt you'd get nominated anyway". Tom chided, walking in the dining room. "Is that steak?"

"Tom!" Nikki glared at her son's words. She then turned to me. "I'm sure of you had enough security you'd be able to go", she said .

I smiled at her gratefully and carried on eating silently, not even looking at Tom.

"Where's Y/N going?" Tom asked.

"To the-" 

"None of your business", I said, cutting Paddy off. 

Tom clenched his jaw. "Will he be there?"

"Who?" I looked at him, confused.

Tom raised his eyebrow at me and went on his phone. I rolled my eyes and carried on eating. Nikki and Dom were having their on conversation and so were Sam and Paddy. 

I took a sip of my drink and ignored Tom's frequent glances. 

After we'd finished dinner, Nikki and Dom went to their room and the rest of us were sat in the living room. 

"So, should we pick up where we left off?" I asked, reaching for the remote. 

"Yes, go for it", Harry replied, making himself comfortable on the sofa.