24.1// Fire Exit //

"No I did not get stood up actually. My date is inside, waiting for me. So make this quick".

"Does he know that I'm here?" 

"No he doesn't know, and he won't ever know. Now if you just came here to annoy me then I'll be on my way".

"No, stop, I actually need to say something. I need to warn you Y/N".

I rolled my eyes, "Of what?"

He stepped closer and grabbed my hand, "Harrison was tortured by Vanessa, and, and he told her some things that should've stayed quiet. Now she's gone, and no one knows where she is. With the information that Harrison unwillingly gave her, we have reason to believe that you're in danger, so I need you to bail on your date and come with me". 

I yanked my hand out of his grip. "What?"

"I know this will come as a shock-"

"I can't believe it".

"Don't blame Harrison it wasn't his-"

"No, I can't BELIEVE that you would make up this, this story as a way to get me back! Did you not get the memo?"

Tom had a look of confusion plastered on his face, "what the fuck Y/N I'm not making this up. I'm only here because your dad needs you back. And stop flattering yourself I'd never want to get back with you anyway, I just need you to be safe".

"Oh, you're not making this up! Do you think I'm stupid! You really think I cut off all communication with the mob? I have spies everywhere and NO ONE has reported me of anything that could harm me".

"Because they're probably working for Vanessa, idiot".

I threw my head back in irritation. Here he was begging me to go with him, and thinks that calling me an idiot will help his situation. 

"Tom I don't need your protection. I know first aid, I know how to use a gun, IF there is any danger, I can protect myself, as I've done these past few years. And do you know how? Because you weren't there to protect me. Survival of the fittest, isn't it? So you can shove the whole 'come away with me' plan up your ass. I don't need you lot anymore".

I turned on my heel and was going to walk away when Tom grabbed me and shouted, "Y/N goddammit, stop it and just listen to me!" He struggled to hold me because I kept fighting back. 

"Oh yeah? Why should I do that?"

"Because, no matter how stubborn you are, how fucking ridiculous you are, I still care about you". He his hands on the side of my face and softly rubbed my cold, red cheeks. "I need you Y/N", he whispers. 

"Well guess what Tom. I don't".

I pushed him off me and walked away. I can't be having him getting in the way of everything.  I've got to learn how to give him up for good. I walked back into the restaurant and walked over to our table. Harry looked up and smiled. 

"You were gone a while".

I picked up my phone and purse. "You know it's not gentlemanly to rush a lady. Now come on, it's getting late".

"So you're coming?"

"Why not".

I walked in front of him, ignoring his stares piercing into my back. He got to the car door. "You know, because I'm such a gentleman". 

I grinned and sat back in the seat. I opened the mirror to check my lipstick and saw Tom standing by his car in my reflection. I watched him get into his car and drive away. 

"You ready?" Harry asked, putting his seat belt on.

"Yeah" I replied, letting out a deep breath. 

It's a bit short I know, but I'm doing this in parts so just hang in there