18.0// Pink Corvette//

A/N; I'm so sorry for the really late updates, there's been a lot of shit going on recently. But I hope this chapter can make up for it.

Tom exited the restaurant, feeling all giddy. The girl he once loved loves him too, and the feeling was definitely reciprocated. 

He climbed into his car, checking his phone to find 16 missed calls from Harrison. 

"Probably complaining about the temperature of the pool" thought Tom.

He drove back to the mansion, thinking what this could mean for his milestone with Y/N. Of course, they weren't an item, but they COULD be. "Baby steps Tom"  he thought to himself. Whilst thinking about who could take over while he was away, he arrived at the gates of his home. Confused as to why they didn't automatically open, he sat in his seat patiently, drumming his fingers against the leather steering wheel. 

He heard a knock on his window, and started scrolling down the window.

"David, what the fuck is going - wait who are you?"

A complete stranger was at the window, wearing the uniform David was supposed to be wearing.

"Who on earth are you? Where's David?" Tom brushed his fingers against the gun in his pocket.

"David has been - wait hold on", the guard turned away as static came from his radio.

Now Tom was fuming. Even if this guy was a new addition to his security team, he should've been taught to say 'sir' at all times and to never  make him wait.

"Look, I don't know who you think you are, but if you're going to work for me -"

"I don't work for you," he interrupted. 

Before Tom could say anything, the gates opened and his 'guard' gave him a tight-lipped smile and walked back to his station. 

Tom,, who was as confused as ever, slowly drove in. 

"Nothing weird," he thought as he was driving. "Just Harrison's car, Sam's, Harry's, Mum and Dad's. Maybe they're just pranking me". He relaxed, if slightly amused, until he go to his reserved parking spot. He grit his teeth when he saw a pink Corvette in his place. 

"What in the..." he read the number plate and his eyebrows furrowed. He'd sworn he'd seen that number plate before.

He left his car in the middle of the path, not really caring if it got in the way. Some people needed to remember that this was HIS house, so HIS rules.

He ran up the white marble steps, pushing the heavy doors open. Normally they would open automatically. He walked into a scene of distraught. Harry was sitting at the bottom of the steps, hanging his head. Dom was sat in an armchair, drinking something out of a glass, Nikki was rubbing his other hand comfortingly. Sam was nibbling his lip, scrolling through his phone with pinched eyebrows. Harrison was pacing up and down. He stopped when he heard Toms steps. He quickly walked over to his friend, phone in hand.

"Where have you been?" Harrison demanded. "I've called you like 20 times, have you just been ignoring them?"

"Um, I was at a business meeting," he stuttered in reply.

Dom scoffed. "I find that quite hard to believe, since you don't even HAVE a business. so cut the shit. Where were you?" 

It was like being brought back in time, Dom scolding a teenage for coming home late. And Tom wasn't having it.