28.0// Black Nails//

Ok so I lied, I decided to post the ending in two parts. This will definitely be the last chapter before the ending, so I hope you enjoy it and continue to support me in my upcoming projects. Endless love to you all ❤️

"Tom, what the fuck are you doing?"

I jumped, making the nail varnish spill onto my finger. I cursed under my breath and grabbed the tissue.

"How does Harry do it?" I muttered.

"He probably gets someone to do them for him". Harrison came and sat in front of me, taking the black bottle away from me. 

"Give me your hand". I sigh and rest my hand on his knee and he started to paint my nails carefully. 

"What the fuck? How are you good at it?"

"I paint Evie's sometimes".

"Evie?" He looked at me and raised his eyebrows and it suddenly came back to me. 

"Ohhh, your girlfriend".

"Ohhhh", he mocked me, and carried on with the manicure. 

"Since when did you like painted nails?"

I didn't answer me and Harrison sighed. 

"There's no point trying to be like him Tom. She's not going to miraculously come back to you".

"I'm not trying to become like him?"

"Oh here we go. You don't need to be so defensive". 

"Harrison stop. I just want to try it". I looked at the freshly painted set of nails. I hesitated. 

"You know what, maybe not." I went over to my mums dresser and found the nail varnish remover and a cotton pad. 

Harrison sighed. "Don't do that".

I ignored him and started rubbing the paint off my nails.

"Tom. TOM!"

"What Harrison!" I replied angrily.

"I don't know what to do to make you see reason. Please just accept that you're not going to get Y/N back".

"No, don't say that. Don't EVER say that. I- I have a bad feeling about Harry, there's something off with him-"

"Tom, I'm gonna stop you there. There's nothing off with Harry, that's just your ego and arrogance saying that". 

"Harrison-"

"Tom. Stop the shit with Y/N, it's brought us nothing but trouble".

I stood there with my back to him, still rubbing my nails. I knew Harrison was right, deep down, but I never wanted Y/N and I completely off the table. 

"Yeah, yeah you're right". I agreed with him, just to make him shut up about the whole thing.

"I mean, I've never seen two people who are so good for eachother, but you're in a lot of danger right now Tom, and the whole reason Y/N left the mafia was because of that. We can't afford any more mistakes".

"So what are you trying to say?"

"You and Y/N can't be in a relationship any more. Just...let her go".

"Let her go? Oh yeah, because that makes everything easier and better doesn't it?" I replied angrily.

"Tom, don't start", Harrison warned me sternly. "We've all been talking about it-"

"We? You mean my family?"

"Yes. We all know the gravity of this stituation, but you don't. We don't want to take any chances with Y/N. The problem is that we know that she loves you too much".

"She doesn't love me".

Harrison rolled his eyes. "That's bollocks and you know it".

"So...I have to get her to hate me, so that I ruin any chance of being with her".

"Basically".

I sat on the bed, my forehead in my hands. 

"Do you realise what you're asking me to do right now?"

"Yeah, yeah I do. If anyone asked me to do the same with Evie, I'd be crushed too. But Tom-"

"It's for the best. Yeah yeah I know".

He patted my back and left me alone. 

I couldn't believe they were talking about this behind my back as if I was some idiot who didn't know how to handle his love live. But maybe I dont? 

This was getting all too much. 

I left the room and walked down the stairs, unsure of where to go. I heard talking in the side room and walked in to see Y/N and her stylist friend looking at something on her phone. Harry was sat in the corner. 

"That's perfect", I hear Y/N say

"What's perfect?"

They all turned to look at me. 

"This suit," she showed it to me, "do you like it?"

"Honestly?"

"Honestly". She smiled at me hopefully, and I felt mean for what I was going to do.

"No, I don't like it".

She tried not to show her shock, but I could read her like book. She was hurt. 

"Well, I mean, it's a suit", I continued, " What's Harry going to wear, a dress?"

"If I have to, yes", he piped up. I internally cringed, knowing he'd be able to pull off a dress better than all the women put together. 

"Sure, sure", I say, too quickly. 

He smirks, reading my mind. "I could pull off a dress better than you mate".

"It's just a bit desperate really, like we get it you're a feminist, dresses shouldn't have a gender blah blah blah. Go and get your female validation from someplace else". 

I couldn't really what was coming out of my mouth. I sounded like my conservative uncle at the Christmas table, and I think Y/N thought the same thing.

"Fine, I'll wear a dress".

"Y/n, you don't have to do that". Harry said, standing up

I stood there, knowing she'll hate me now. I could see the disappointment and anger laced on her face. 

"No, it's fine", she walked off into the back room, her stylist following after her 

When she was out of earshot, Harry made his move. "What the fuck was that for?"

"Just speaking my mind".

"Just speaking your mind? You need to filter your mind then, she's already nervous as fuck, she doesn't need your sexist opinions getting in her way".

"Whatever".

I turned to leave the room and Harry grabbed my arm. 

"Listen to me right now Tom. You think you're better than anyone else and it's given you nothing but problems your entire life. If you're not careful, it could all come back to stab you in the back".

"Are you threatening me?" I said, amused, 

"Not a threat. Think of it more as a warning".

He kept go of my arm and I walked out of the room, not believing what I just heard. 

"Tom? What' are you doing", Harrison came out of the kitchen and saw my face, "Mate? What's wrong?"

"Harrison. Family meeting".