Chapter 4

"You work at a club?!"
Kei's heart started to beat. Hearing those words come out of someone's mouth made him want to feint. He stayed silent as all his teammates stared at him.
"Don't just stay silent! Answer!" Nishinoya yelled.
"Uh, Tsukishima?" Daichi asked. Kei tried not to make a noise, but he just let out a big groan.
"UGH!" He hit the locker door. He hung up on his co-worker, and threw his phone. "Yeah, so I work at a club, so what?" He rolled his eyes. He was waiting for neglecting and judgement.
"Wait, so that means you can make cocktails, and all that?" Tanaka asked. Kei flinched, and looked at the other boy with a confused face.
"Um...yes?" He said. Nishinoya leaped over to him.
"That's so cool!!!" He shouted. Kei cringed, as the shorter boy yelled in his face.
"Maybe you could make me some drinks sometimes, y'know?" Nishinoya smirked. Suga walked over, and hit the back of his head.
"Absolutely not, Nishinoya." He said. Nishinoya pouted.
"Why not?" He whined.
"BECAUSE you're underage for alcohol, and from the way you act and your personality, I don't think it'd be fun to deal with a drunk Nishinoya." Suga crossed his arms.
"Yeah, and I'm not willing to make you drinks any time soon, anyway." Kei rolled his eyes.
"Man, you're no fun." Nishinoya stuck his tongue out.
"Anyway," Daichi sighed. "Tsukishima, you don't have to talk about it, you know that?" He patted Kei's shoulder. Kei nodded.
"Anyway, let's go, before we're all late for class."
~*●○●○●○●○●○●*~
Before Kei went to class, he decided to call his co-worker back. He waited, then they finally picked after the third ring.
"Hello?"
"Uh, hey, Masao, sorry for hanging up on you..."
Masao raised an eyebrow. "...Why'd you do that anyway?"
Kei sighed. " Ugh, because I was in front of my volleyball team..."
"Ah, ok, sorry, I didn't know, but we still need to know if you're free to work, 9:30-12:00 p.m." Masao apologized.
"It's ok, they didn't take it too seriously, I guess." Kei shrugged. "And, yeah, I'm free to work at that time." He said.
Masao nodded. "M'kay, thanks."
"Who am I covering for, anyway?" Kei asked.
"Uh, Fuji, she has a family gathering to attend, apparently." Masao answered.
"Ah, ok- wait." Kei paused. He realized that Fuji's role at the club was pole dancer. He could feel his face burn up.
"Uh, Masao, you-you do realize that Fuji is a STRIPPER right???" He asked.
"Uh, yes?" Masao said. 'What's wrong with-"
"MASAO. You actually think I'm going to pole dance?!" Kei whisper-shouted. As much as he wanted to yell, he didn't want others to know what he's living off as.
"Look, I know it's a bit disturbing, but we don't have anyone else to cover for her!" Masao whined. "Besides, you've done pole dancing before, anyway." He shrugged.
"Yeah, well that's because it was part if the hiring practice!" Kei blurted out.
"Yes... and you were surprisingly good at it." Masao tapped his chin.
"SHUT UP WILL YOU?!?!?!?!" Kei shouted, turning red.
"Sorry, sorry! But just this once, alright? I promise you won't have to do something like that again." Masao said. "And I'll double your paycheck!"
"Ugh..." Kei slouched down on the brick wall. He gritted his teeth.
But what if Kuroo-san is there tonight... He better not be... and I'm doing this for mom ONLY.
He sighed. "...Fine, but if I get groped at, I'm quiting." He huffed.
Masao's eyes lit up. "Ok, deal! And don't worry, I'll make sure to have security watch." He smiled.
"Better." Kei grumbled.
"Ok, I have to go now, see you tonight!" Masao said.
"Yeah, yeah." Kei turned off his phone. He grabbed his hair, and let out a groan.
"Did I really just agree to be a stripper?"
~~~○⊙○⊙○⊙○⊙○⊙○⊙○~~~
Kei couldn't focus at all during class. He could only think of what was going to happen tonight. What if Tetsuro was going to be there tonight? What if one of his teammates come tonight? What if someone he knows comes over tonight?!
"Tsukishima Kei!"
Kei flinched as he heard his name called out. He looked up, and saw his teacher at the front with a displeased face. "Ah, sorry, sensei." He rubbed his eyes.
"I expect more from you, Tsukishima Kei." His teacher sighed.
"Yes, sensei..." Kei mumbled. Hm...it's been a while since I've gotten into trouble like that... He thought. He cringed. Wait, what?
After class, Yamaguchi came towards Kei's desk.
"Tsuki, are we having lunch together?" Yamaguchi asked. Kei shook his head.
"Nope, sorry, Yamaguchi, but I have to deliver something to my brother." Kei picked up his bag.
"Oh, did he forget something again?" Yamaguchi asked. Kei nodded.
"His wallet." He pulled out a brown leather wallet. Yamaguchi gasped.
"Tsuki! You stole your brother's wallet?" He asked. Kei snickered.
"Hey, I needed lunch money." He shoved the wallet back into his pocket. He walked out of the room with Yamaguchi at his tail.
"You could've used your own money, or asked me." Yamaguchi said.
"No need, besides, this is what he gets for lying to me." Kei said. Yamaguchi shook his head.
"Tsuki, that was years ago, I thought you'd be over it by now?" He assumed.
"Well, then you thought wrong." Kei said.