Chapter Thirty-three

Kei was silent, as the wind blew pass him. Its been 30 minutes, but he didn't want to do anything. He had his knees up to his chest, and his head resting top of them. He was deciding whether he should go back, or not, but he really didn't want to, so he thought maybe he should stay put for a while. He felt his phone vibrate, and he turned it on to see a look.

Yamaguchi
Tsuki, where are you?!
We even had to call your co-workers to help us look for you!

Kei flinched. Call his co-workers? Were they that desperate into finding him? Kai scoffed, and stood up. He walked deeper into the forest, wanting to avoid whoever he sees.

As Kei walked around the forest, he stood upon a pond. But it wasn't just an ordinary pond, it was...glowing. Literally. The water was a neon light blue, the ripples being made by the wind. Completely drawn to the pond, Kei walked closer to it.

He crouched down at the edge of the pond, and leaned in to look. The water was sparkling under the moonlight, as Kei poked his finger in. The ripples were all in synch, but faded away as they got larger. Kei swayed his hand around in the cold water.

As he played around with the water, Kei's notice that there was glowing things around him. Fireflies were his first thought. But they would spark, when you touch them. Kei then realized that they were coming from the water, as more spond whenever he touched the water.

Kei pulled out his hand, and dried it. Kei again touched the "sparks", and he flinched, as it scattered into more pieces. They formed a circle above the pond. Confused, Kei looked back at the water. The ripples were no longer in synch, they were all swirled up.

Does this mean something? Kei thought. He leaned closer to the pond, then a figure showed up. The sparks barricaded a picture that reflected in the water. Kei's heart started to pound, as he realized that the picture...was of him, Akiteru, and their mother.

The pictures showed Kei and Akiteru when they were younger, Kei in Akiteru's lap, and their mother sitting on the bed with them. Kei suddenly started to hear music playing. He remembered. From the beat if the music, it sounded like the song his mother used to sing to him and Akiteru.

Could it be... Kei thought. He jolted, hearing a voice starting to sing.

Wait a second, let me catch my breath...

Remind me how it feels to hear your voice...

Kei instantly recognised the voice. It was his mothers'. Kei tried to recite the lyrics, as he stared to sing along.

Kei
Your lips are moving, I can hear a thing... living life, as if we had a choice...

Anywhere, anytime
I would do anything for you~
(Anything for you)
Yesterday got away
(Melodies stuck inside your head...)
A song in every breath...

Sing me to sleep now
Sing me to sleep
Oh, won't you sing me to sleep now?
Sing me to sleep...

During this part was an instrumental, so Kei just listened along to the beat.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Remember me, now time cannot erase...
I can hear your whispers in my mind
I've become what you cannot embrace
(Our memories will be my lullaby...)

Sing me to sleep now
Sing me to sleep...
Oh, won't you sing me to sleep now?
Sing me to sleep...