Maybe One Day (TeruYama Special)

This is just a short story of Terushima and Yamaguchi.

Yamaguchi looked out his window. It was a sunny Saturday morning, and his mother went out to take care of a few errands. Normally, he'd be hanging out with Tsukishima, but he's on a trip with his family.

Yamaguchi sighed, as he rested his head in his desk. Then his phone started buzzing.

Terushima
Yamaaaaaaaa
Yamaguchi, are you free today?
I was just wondering of you wanted to hang out today.

Yamaguchi
Hey Teru!
Yeah, I'm free today, and I'd love to hang out today!

Terushima
That's great!
Do you want me to come pick you up?

Yamaguchi
I'd like that

Terushima
Ok, be there in a bit, see you!

Yamaguchi
Later!

Yamaguchi put down his phone to get dressed. Yamaguchi wore a pastel yellow shirt with a daisy patterns at the end of the sleeves, and some blue denim shorts that reached his knees. He heard the door bell ring, and rushed downstairs.

Yamaguchi threw open the door, which revealed a smiling Terushima. Before Yamaguchi could say anything, he first examined what Terushima was wearing.

Terushima wore a yellow shirt with a black collared shirt underneath it, and the bottom half of him with black jean-shorts.

"Isn't it hot in that?" Yamaguchi asked, as he locked the front door. "I mean, wearing two shirts when it's warm outside?" He said. Terushima shrugged.
"Nah, I'm ok, I've worn something like this several times before, anyway." He smiled. Yamaguchi smiled back, as they walked off his front porch.

During their hang out, they've gotten ice cream, walked around the mall, got a few things, and now they're resting under a tree in the park.

"Today was fun..." Yamaguchi smiled. Terushima hummed.
"Hmm, yes it was." He nodded.
"Even when that squirrel jumped on you?" Yamaguchi snickered. Terushima hesitated to answer.
"Uh- yeah, even when the squirrel jumped on me." He chucked. Yamaguchi giggled, and sighed. They were on a hill, gazing at the sunset. A moment of silence later, Yamaguchi felt something touch his hand.

Terushima had clasped his hand with Yamaguchi's, making the other boy blush a bit. But what had he expected? They've done this before, rarely, but they still do it. Instead of freaking out, Yamaguchi smiled a bit, then rested his head on Terushima's shoulder.

Terushima was more relived as he could ever be. Normally, Yamaguchi would get all flustered, and Terushima would remove his hand, but Yamaguchi was actually fine with it, this time. He was glad that he had found Yamaguchi. They may seem like complete opposites, but they have a lot of things in common, in reality. Though, sometimes, they both wish that they would do these things without an explanation. But for now, they will ignore that, maybe one day in the future...

I hoped you liked the special! I know I said was going on hiatus, but like, I got bored -w-

So now, I'm actually doing this in class, and it's worth it 👌 But I have to get back to work, and don't worry, the next chapters are in progress!

Have a good day/night!