Chapter Thirty-Five

All teams got separated into position groups. Kei was with the middle blockers, which included Hinata, Tetsuro, Matsukawa, Aone, Kamasaki, Kindaichi, Washio, and so on. Tendou walked near the other middle blockers, along with Kawanishi. "Osu~" Tendou smiled.

"Hello, Tendou-san!" Hinata smiled.
"Ahh~ Karasuno Number 10 chibi!" Tendou waved. He looked at Matsukawa, who was staring back at him. As you would know, their teams are big rivals, not to mention, these two are both middle blockers.

Tendou put on a fake smile. "Nice to see you again, Issei." He said. Matsukawa scoffed.
"You too, Satori." He scowled. Tendou hummed, looking at Kindaichi next.
"Ah, and how is little Kindaichi?" He asked. Kindaichi clicked his tongue.
"I've been doing fine." He said, avoiding eye contact. All the other middle blockers awkwardly stared at the three.

"This is not gonna end well..." Kei sighed.
"I second that." Tetsuro snickered.
"Tendou-san, I thought Semi-san told you not to get into anymore fights." Kawanishi said.
"Hmm, what Semi-Semi won't know, won't hurt him." Tendou smirked. Kei ignored his fellow middle blockers fighting, as he pulled out his phone.

》》》》》》》》》》》》
"Yahoo~ Tobio-chan, Mr. Refreshing." Oikawa sang, as he walked to the waters. Sugawara and Kageyama turned around.

"Hello, Oikawa-san." They both said. Oikawa nodded, then quickly walked over to Sugawara.
"Small question out of curiosity, how did Tobio-chan become such a good setter?" Oikawa asked. Sugawara scoffed.
"He learned it from me, obviously." He said. Oikawa bit his lip.
"Dunno...He could've learned some of it from me..." He whistled. Sugawara rolled his eyes.

"Oh, don't act like I don't know how you've treated Kageyama." He crossed his arms. Oikawa flinched, and turned back around. The other setters ignored the two, doing their own things.

"Oikawa, even though Kageyama's done nothing wrong to you, you'd still always refuse to even practice with him. When he was younger, he'd always ask you to help train him, but you'd decline with no reason. All Kageyama wanted from you was just to build up a senpai-kouhai friendship. He saw you as more of a role-model, not a rival." Sugawara explained. Oikawa bit his lip.

"I get it, maybe you were a little jealous that Kageyama was doing better than you-"

"I-I WASN'T JEALOUS!" Oikawa blurted out. Sugawara glared at him, raising an eyebrow. Oikawa trembled, and sighed in defeat.
"Ok, maybe I was just a little jealous..." He rubbed his arm. Sugawara sighed and shook his head.

"Anyway, yes, I know how it is. You know, I'm not the setter I used to be. Once Kageyama entered the club, he took over my place as main setter, because he had more talent, whilst I didn't play that much in my first and second year. Of course I felt a bit upset, considering this is my last year in the club. I still wanted to play. But, as a senpai, a senpai needs to make things fair for their kouhais, too." He said. "Kageyama never saw you as a threat, Oikawa, but you saw Kageyama as the threat. You two are quite alike, I should say."

"Really?" Oikawa asked. Sugawara nodded.

"Mhm, you both are competitive, and you work hard for what you want. Kageyama only acted rough in middle school because he thought he wasn't doing good enough, but he just put the blame on his teammates. You pushed yourself to get better at volleyball, always keeping it to yourself, and ignoring your surroundings. But you played more fairly, you didn't put all your anger on your teammates, but that just frustrated yourself even more." He said.

"Wow...so, Tobio never really wanted to take over my life?" Oikawa asked.
"No, why would he do that?" Sugawara narrowed his eyes.

"I just thought that...In middle school, Tobio was such a good volleyball player, even the coaches said that he suited almost every position. I guess that made me feel agitated inside, thinking I wasn't good enough....so...I just pushed myself to get better, but that just made me feel more worthless..."