Chapter 29 - Eden and the twilight princess!

It was around one in the morning when I had a great realization. I had exactly zero arrows and no quiver. I sat up from my floor mattress and looked over to Stryder. Who was contently asleep on his futon.

My first thoughts.

This woman totally ripped me off. Then my second thought. I did get this for free. So I can't really complain. So what could I do to get some arrows, and a whole quiver? That's when the memory of the elves came into my mind. I bet they have a lot of supplies there, plus they go for a lot of money too. I bet I could even sell materials to Hephaestus! It was pretty late, so this would be a good time to go.

Welp, guess I'm robbing the rich and giving to myself tonight! I looked over to Stryder again and quietly got up. I know Mr. Justice wouldn't be too happy if he knew what I was doing. So I quietly grabbed my pouch and my boots. Then I tipped toed my way out.

Alright, game start!

...

"Master it is far too late for something like this."

"S-shut u- AHH!"

I felt some shift in the air, and everything started to get wobbly. It was like I was riding a surfboard on some wild rapids! Just when I thought I got the hang of it, I slipped and fell forward. And now I was flying upside down.

"Ahh! Acies help!" I cried as I flailed.

"You must flow with the wind, master."

"The hell does that mean!?"

"You must feel it, the flow. Go with the flow of the wind."

"You sound like a freaking hippie! I want to know the science!"

"Close your eyes and feel it," Acies said as he flew next to my ear.

"Fine! Fine!"

I did as he asked and closed my eyes. Letting myself be taken by the wind. That's when it happened. Like I could feel the wind whispering to me. I felt the wind guide my body and I twirled around with the breeze. And when I opened my eyes again, I was flying right up.

"Huh, note to self. Make sure Rushon actually trains with these. I'm such a jerk..."

"May I ask why you need to be flying?" Acies asked as he floated next to me.

I turned to him and gave him a big smirk.

"Well, my dear sponge of knowledge. Let me educate you on a great strategy. Maybe the great king will even reward you for it."

"I'm listening.."

"The children of Gaea have a seismic sense. We can sense movement by connecting to the earth. Considering that I'm defective. I can't say for sure if weight and numbers are all that they can detect. So flying is a much safer option."

"I see, that is a smart idea."

"Also the Elves' way of life is almost entirely focused on the earth. So I doubt air threat detection is popular."

"So what exactly is the plan." He asked.

I chuckled some, "I thought you'd never a-"

Bam!

One minute I was flying like a bird. The next. Tree. I fell from the tree and crashed down on my back. I felt the wind get knocked out of me and I gasped for air and quickly sat up.

"Hopefully the plan doesn't involve falling flat on your back."

"And you wondered why I didn't go to the elves yet."

Guardiansजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें