Chapter 30 - The lights and the stars

Ah, I kind of liked this feeling. Having someone cowering in fear just at my mere presence.

Have I finally ascended to true batman status?

Lezrans eyes looked me over with a starry lost gaze. It was like someone had just checkmated him. While Lark kept a rather intense gaze on me, still holding his blade out at my neck.

"Why is it your here?" Lezran finally asked as he seemed to get his composure back.

Hhhmm, I guess I needed to get more info.

"I've come of my own free will to have a discussion. I've heard about your plans. Don't think my mother doesn't know what's going on. She can see everything you're doing."

His eyes grew wide, then he furrowed his brow and glared at me. His star freckles glowing as they had a moment ago. He growled slightly and clenched his fist. 

"Then what is there to discuss!? Did you come here in hopes to change our minds!? That's naive!"

I glared back at him and stepped forward. He must be planning on an attack. I wonder if they have more villages around? Or did they have something else in mind? 

"Are you even positive this will work? Have you even thought this through?"

I went into my pocket and unlocked my phone. Opening the camera and hoping I pressed the record video button.

"Were all tired of being outcasts! Do you understand how it feels to be in chains for the actions of your ancestors!?"

Did he just say we? Did he mean his race? Or more. Considering he's basically trying to fight Gaea he has to have more than elves right?

"Are you sure they'll even listen to you? To go to war? That's basically suicide!"

"That's the thing about you pompous children of Gaea. It's so hypocritical. You're supposed to represent the true unity of nature. Yet you ignore everyone else who lives in it! My cause has grown thanks to mutual trust, and a common foe. I know the Ogres will pull through. And many more."

Ogres!?

"Look I don't want to have any more bloodshed. I wanted to see if I could be that person. To truly represent unity and fix what's been broken for years."

"Then tell the forsaken one to let us free! Tell her to let us see more of the world! Make us equals!"

Freedom?

"My mother doesn't give her children all of the details. So maybe you can explain it to me, how are you trapped here?" 

"After the last skirmish a decade ago with the sola elves. Our village has been trapped here by your mother's sorcery. We can't leave, but your brothers and sisters, they can enter." 

I see, so they're stuck in this spot.

"The Ogres only came here to fuel the fire, you realize that right?"

"I will do whatever it takes for freedom." He said rather confidently. 

He held his ground and looked into my eyes. 

"Even if it means you strike me down where I stand. I've built something you could never take away from my people."

"Hope." Lark interrupted.

He walked over to Lezran and stood by his side. Geez, these guys really had to say something that cringy..

"Level with me." 

I moved my snake to my bag and held up my hands to show my compliance.

"What would you do with your freedom personally. Why are you so focused on it? Other than the obvious."