Chapter 9 - Kokiri Forest?

I was lost, left to float away in this sea of darkness. I felt this odd rush of cold air coursing through me in my veins, and it was only getting colder. Was I dead? With that thought, the reality of the situation really set into me.

I was currently unconscious, bleeding out on this dirty gymnasium floor. This can’t be real, this can’t really be happening to me. It wasn’t supposed to end this way! No! No! I was suppose to win and survive! Ellie,I promised her...

All my thoughts came to a stop, as I noticed something out of the corner of my eye.  I could see this misty glow of gold shimmering on the right side of me. I looked over at the golden star that was dazzling beside me, and I was astonished by the sight.

It was the seed, the seed from my dream! The big seed was glowing brightly, it had roots  growing out of it like a little tree. Why was I seeing this though? I guess I’m just in a hallucinative  dream state. But why did this seed show up again..

Then, the seed began to flicker, like a firefly in the night. The dazzling golden charm it was illuminating was slowly beginning to fade. I don’t know how to explain it, but it was like watching my very soul slowly withering from my eyes.

The only thought that consumed my mind, was to not let my tree die. But what could I do? I was helpless, forced to watch as my heart slowly began to fade. The only two leaves left began to wilt, that’s when my body began to feel like a block of ice. Thiis was some sick kind of torture, staring at my own oblvivion like this. Just when I was about to lose hope, the seed flickered. But this time, it got brighter.

I watched on the edge of my seat, as the glow began to return to my tree. It even sprouted more leaves from my little root. Warmth washed over me like a warm bath and I felt alive again. I was alive! The glow from the seed began to take over the sea of darkness around me, slowly consuming it until it was all gone.

Then, I could see again. I was outside, the clear blue skies above me. I could feel the all too familiar grass scraping against my back and my arms. I was clearly still shirtless. Then, someone came into view. Some...Assassin’s Creed character?

“Are you sure it’s working Jack?” I heard some from behind my head ask. They sounded really concerned.

“Yeah! The kids freaking leaking hamburger helper!” I heard another voice from the left me say. But he was just out of my peripheral vision.

I watched as the Assassin creed man sighed, he looked really agitated. He was in an all black attire with a hoodie. His hood was up, even on a sunny day like this. He looked really pale, like Emperor Palpatine. He even had dark rings around his eyes, looked like some kind of zombie. Guy needed a nap.

“Enough, we’ll start moving again soon. His body is regenerating the nutrients now, he’ll need the water however.” The zombie guy spoke again as he walked out of my sight.

“Does that mean your guess was right?” The voice behind me ask.

“Yes, he is one hundred percent a child of earth.” The zombie man replied, as if the other guy should’ve known that already.

“Well geez Einstein, you could've told us that earlier!” The one to the left hollard.

“You should have noticed when we walked inside. Only the scars that the sun rays reached were healing.” The zombie replied. “This one’s fortunate, he was saved by the broken window glass.”

“We should have been here faster, we could have helped him.” The one behind me sighed.

What were they talking about? Regenerating from the sunlight? Child of Earth? No, no, what sort of nonsense-. Suddenly, the memory of that monster rushed back to me. I sat up quickly and looked over my stomach, that’s when I felt the chills wash over me. The scars, the four claw marks. They were there on my stomach still. But that wasn’t the scariest part to me, the part that gave me chills. Was the fact that I was healed.