Chapter 6: Buisness

Lucia's P.O.V

"Ughh" I mumbled out leaning onto my back. For what I knew I the first one up and my whole body felt like a throbbing headache.

Just shifting my head over I saw Luz who was still sound asleep.

Leaning back over I got up, I wasn't gonna get any more sleep feeling like this anyways.

I fully stretched out which made me feel a bit better before slowly heading towards the door making sure not to wake Luz.

Slightly opening the door it started to creak but thankfully not loud enough to wake anyone.

I took my time to get downstairs, I still had to
unpack everything I brought as I saw my bag and my bat near the front door once I was in the living room.

I basically dragged myself into the kitchen to get a glass of water as I was feeling very dehydrated. I was also a little hungry but there wasn't anything easy to make so I just didn't bother.

Once I filled the glass I walked over to the table taking a seat pulling out my phone. A while back I somehow managed to merge service providers from the human realm and the boiling isles which I thought was pretty cool.

I had a few messages but nothing really important or stuff that I could not care about.

"Good morning" startling me I turned around to see Eda walking in letting out a big yawn.

"You can't sneak up on me like that" my breathing was accelerated.

"Hmm well last time I checked this was my house so I think I can" a smirk rose up to Eda's lips.

Rolling my eyes I went back to looking at my phone but I still had nothing interesting to do.

Peeking up Eda walked over to the counter top rubbing her chin like she was looking for something but she eventually found it by snapping her fingers in excitement.

"Want some coffee?" Eda blurted out as she leaned up grabbing the coffee grounds and the filters.

I thought about it for a second while looking at my glass of water.

"Sure, I've just had a bad history with caffeine" Eda let out a snort before agreeing with me.

Soon enough the pot was full and she poured me a mug.

As I took a sip Luz walked into the kitchen rubbing her eyes as Eda and I eyed her.

"Good morning" I spoke up as Luz looked at both of us giving herself a reality check.

"Well are you gonna come and sit or what?" I waved my arm towards her getting her attention.

She glanced at me and Eda a couple more times before slumping over to the table taking a seat.

"Hey Eda can you get me a cup?" Luz asked in a raspy voice while pointing towards the coffee pot.

"Sure kid" Eda then did just that.

Once Luz got her coffee she slowly started to drink it gripping the mug with her hands considering it was pretty cold inside.

"So what's the plan today?" Eda asked while leaning against the fridge crossing her arms and legs.

I thought about it for a second before responding.

"I don't know, I didn't think it would be this smooth so far. I guess I'll just show Luz around the town and etc" I looked back at Luz but she didn't seem like she wanted to do anything except for going back to bed.

"That sounds good, I'll be running the tent at the market though if need me" I still couldn't believe Eda has been doing this for multiple years.

After some bitter conversations Eda left for scavenging and Luz went up to take a shower in which I would be following her right after though for the time being I stayed in the kitchen kicking my legs on the table.