Chapter 18: All for a Excuse

———————————————————————
!Reader Discretion!: This will updated in the main warning in chapter 1 as well.
•Mild Sexual content
———————————————————————
Lucia's P.O.V

It's been around a week now of me crashing on a couch, though it's definitely not the worst place I could be at right now.

Jaden was at school and I was still stuck on what to do even after I've read the two huge books of the ancient boiling isles history I had on me.

Those were not easy to get either, I had to go back home and sneak into my room without my mom noticing/hearing me.

I still need to deal with that problem.

I was standing in the kitchen sipping a Red Bull while staring at the two ancient texts placed on the table.

Then I looked at the red bull that was in my hands.

"Am I this tired...?" I quietly spoke to myself while turning to my side to see the time, it was 7:00 a:m.

"I actually don't know if I even got an hour of sleep last night" I muttered out while finishing the red bull and shaking the can before tossing it in the recycling.

I let out a loud groan while pulling my eyelids downs as I walked back to the couch.

As I sat down I started tapping my fingers on the side of the couch.

"Let's go for a drive" I quickly spoke to myself before hopping back up heading to the counter grabbing my keys.

Barely catching onto my lanyard I pulled it towards me as my keys slipped off the marble counter top.

Walking out the door I closed it behind me making sure it was locked.

Exiting the building I walked up to my car which was parked fairly close.

Unlocking it I quickly got in before starting my car and backing out onto the main road.

I pondered on where to go as I drove around the main town.

"I could call Luz again" I spoke to myself while making a left turn heading towards the mall.

"No what I need to do is call mom and get some type of good excuse because I've only got a day or two before she starts asking questions"
I muttered out while looking for an empty parking spot.

"Man I also need to get a job for now" I added while pulling into an empty spot turning off my car.

As I walked towards the main entrance of the mall I started remembering of how the coffee shop I was working at didn't like the idea of me getting arrested.

The mall was crowded but that was expected on a Saturday, I've always had a love hate relationship with these types of places.

Heading towards the food court I passed a couple familiar faces but no one I could care about.

I had to admit it was cool that there was a huge fountain right before the food court, but as I passed it someone knocked into me of course and made me almost fall in.

"WATCH IT DUMBASS!" the person quickly turned around in shock as I regained my balance.

"Oh it's you..." I muttered out while staring at her.

Instead of saying anything she just eyed me up and down in disgust.

"What? Here to make my life shittier than you've already have!?" I lashed out as people were looking at us while they walked by.