Chapter 29: A Staff and It's Palisman

Luz's P.O.V

"Yesterday was a doozy" I groaned out while lifting myself out of bed.

The wooden floor felt cold as my feet firmly planted down onto it.

Heat swarmed my upper body as sunlight poured into the room.

King was sleeping at the end of my sleeping bag, his little tail swiftly moving every now and then.

I peered over to my right to see an empty bed, a quick rush of panic came over me before I remembered that Lucia was spending the night at Willows sister's house.

As I walked towards my door I stepped on a creaky board which instantly made King start to quiver.

Very slowly I started to lift my leg up while I kept my eyes on King making sure not to wake him.

My foot eventually fully came off the board before I very carefully made my way to the door.

I successfully exited my room as a sigh of relief escaped my mouth.

I looked down the hallway to see Eda's door slightly opened which indicated that she was either downstairs or left to go somewhere.

That training really did a number on her last night so I'm pretty surprised to see her up so early.

Also it made walking around upstairs a lot easier as I didn't have to worry as much about waking people up, expect King but he sleeps like a boulder anyways.

Though I did walk down the stairs very slowly as I know how loud these things can get.

Once I was at the bottom I made my way towards the living room.

I was exited to see if Eda had any plans for us today or just errands in general...can't believe I just thought that.

The doorway into the living room kept getting closer and closer until I was just about to walk through it but I halted immediately as I saw what was happening.

Eda was there sat down on the couch but that wasn't the problem. She had a big book in front of her, an old one but that wasn't just it.

The staff I picked out from Hexside was just there laying on the table.

Eda looked pretty tired as three mugs scattered the table.

I was just peering into the the room as my fingers gripped the side of the doorway.

She didn't know I was there watching her but by how she looked I don't even think she would care.

My eyes locked onto the he staff before switching over to the book.

I tried to make out what was written out on the cover but it was too far and small for my eyes to pick up.

I don't know what to do, I obviously don't want to just barge in and scare her.

Plus I don't know if this stuff is supposed to be a secret from me.

I decided on what I was going to do as I slowly backed up before speed walking down the hallway.

The closet stood in front of me as I slowly grabbed the door knob.

Opening the door really made my idea work even quicker as a mound of metal pans fell out and crashed onto the floor.

It even made me jump but I faintly heard loud shuffling coming from the living room.

I quickly picked up the pans and slid them back onto the shelf of where they fell before closing the door not so quietly.