Chapter 21: Blood on My Hands

Lucia's P.O.V

I was sprinting as fast as I could, running towards the market.

Almost tripping multiple times as I darted through the thick brush.

My beanie kept slipping off my head so I just grabbed it and kept running with it in my hand.

As I ran up to the outskirts of the market sweat was dripping down my face as the sun was setting in the distance.

I could feel the echoes of my blood being pumped all throughout my body.

Stopping at the entrance of the market I bent over with my hands on my knees getting quite a few deep breaths in before bolting off again towards Wionna's office that was in a alley way around back.

As I turned into the alley way a few witches wearing all black were bleeding pretty bad as they limped there way into a magic portal across from me.

Looking right next to that portal was the door into Wionna's office that had a decent amount of blood splattered on it while a few bloody knives rested on the floor.

Once the magic portal fully closed I quickly jogged over to the door hesitating while I gently rested my hand on the door handle.

I didn't have any physical weapons except a few fire glyphs that were just in my back pocket so if there are any threats in there, it's going to get interesting.

"I need to get my bat, wherever it is..." I muttered out while getting ready to bust into the room, fire glyphs in hand.

"Bash"

Slamming the door open I was greeted to a couple corpses laying face down on the carpet as blood spilled out underneath them.

Looking just a little past that was Wionna who was slumped up against the wall head hanging low with minor bleeding coming from her face and major bleeding from her abdomen.

"No no no no no!" the words were raspy as they quickly came out of my mouth.

In panic I rushed over to her getting on a knee.

"Hey hey, wake up!" I basically shouted out while I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes but not breaking free.

I gave her cheeks a few pats and gently shook her.

"Ughh...L-Lucia?" Wionna groaned out while squinting up at me.

"Yes it's me, I'm back" I responded trying my hardest to keep the situation calm.

"How long have you been here?" I quickly added trying to put my emotions away for a few minutes while looking down at the blood puddle resting underneath her.

"10 minutes?...I don't know..." Wionna spoke to me while she was starting to doze off again.

"Hey hey! You need to stay awake!" I shouted back at her making her bring her head back up fully.

I looked down to the more important wounds before gently lifting the bottom of her shirt up to see stab wounds all over her lower abdomen.

"Fuck, we need to get to a hospital right now" I quickly spoke out while being startled by all the wounds.

In a rush I gently picked her up carrying her in my arms.

"The hospital is just a mile from here..." I added while slowly starting to think that I didn't have it in me, but I didn't have time to "think".

Almost instantly I started jogging.

Of course everyone was looking at us as I ran straight through the market only because it was the fastest way to the hospital.