Chapter 20: Fade to Light

Lucia's P.O.V

"Lucia! Your break is over, get back to work!" the manager yelled at me as I finished my cigarette dropping it squishing it out.

"On my way" I responded while walking back into the over paid pizzeria.

I eventually made my way back to the cash register where I was stationed with another girl.

"Manager being an asshole?" she spoke to me while I kept that miserable look on my face.

"Yep" I responded right before a customer walked up continuing my long boring day.
-
-
-
Finished work around 2 pm which was nice sense I still got most of the day to do whatever.

Hopping in my car I quickly started it before backing out driving back towards my little apartment.

I managed to make enough money to get a little 1 bedroom, it wasn't amazing but not too bad for the price really.

Pulling into my complex I parked my car right outside my building before getting out going up the couple flights of stairs.

Once I was inside my apartment I tossed my keys onto the kitchen counter top before walking over to the cabinets opening them and grabbing a few bags of chips.

I didn't manage to get a bed so the only thing I had at the moment was a decent sized couch and a pretty good T.V.

Taking a seat on my couch I ended up leaning across it while resting my left hand on the side of my head.

Then leaning over I grabbed the T.V remote before turning the T.V on flicking through channels until I found something that was worth watching.

Eventually I gave up so I just ended up watching animal planet which wasn't all that bad just wasn't feeling it right now.

About 30 minutes passed before I noticed a horrible glare in the center of the T.V.

Though there was no way that there could of been one by how the sunlight was coming into the surrounding area.

Raising an eyebrow I just brushed it off before going back to my original position.

Yet as more time passed the glare just kept getting bigger and bigger until the whole middle of the screen was just a very bright aura.

Now I got up walking over to inspect the screen but then it came clear to me that it wasn't a glare on the screen, I actually didn't know where it was coming from so I backed up to the couch again and it reappeared right where it was before.

Now scratching my head I took a seat being very confused.

Then out of nowhere the bright light started getting bigger and bigger again until it formed a perfect door shape sharpening off in the corners.

It was so bright in fact that I had to shade my eyes but I started to walk towards the bright rectangle anyways.

As I put one foot through it though it went straight through the ground as I fell into the pool of light.

"Thud"

I hit the ground fairly hard landing on my chest.

Letting out a few coughs I got up brushing the dirt off my shirt before looking straight forwards.

"Huh?" I muttered out while looking at a trail with very familiar trees surrounding it.

"Is this Heaven?" I asked myself while looking around.

"Definitely not Heaven, Hell? Probably" I added before brushing the dirt off my pants now.