Chapter 22: Ready Player 3

Lucia's P.O.V
-
"The Next Day"
-
I got so much stuff to sort out and it's starting to get to me.

Everything is getting so chaotic that I'm struggling to hold onto my own sanity anymore.

Though what do I know, this is just a dream after all...

"Beep"

"Beep"

"Beep"

"Uhhh" I groaned out while opening one eye.

"Luz shut that damn thing off" I muttered out while Luz slightly opened her eyes.

With that said Luz leaned over grabbing the alarm clock throwing it across the room.

As it smashed onto the floor I sank back into my bed with a smile on my face.

Closing my eyes, I tried going back to sleep but it just wasn't going to happen anymore.

"Ughhh" I muttered out while sitting up bringing my legs to the side of the bed.

Looking over at Luz she was all bundled up in her sleeping bag.

I stared at her with a look of jealousy for a second before slowly standing up.

Once I was up fully, I got in a good stretch cracking my back in every spot possible.

Walking towards the door I let out a yawn before gently smacking my lips together.

Entering the hallway all I could hear was Eda and King talking about something downstairs which interested me quite a bit.

Though they must of thought that there talking woke us up because once I stepped on a creaky floor board they stopped talking instantly.

"It's just me" I whispered and kinda shouted down the stairs at the same time.

"Oh, alright!" Eda responded in basically the same tone I was using.

Quietly I made my way down the stairs making sure not to make any noises.

Though I knew I was ok once I was on the last step.

"It's not like you to be up this early" Eda spoke to me while I walked over to the couch.

"I can say the exact same thing..." I huffed out while plotting down on the couch.

"Good point" Eda responded realizing I was right.

"Also Luz caught me up on everything that's happened" I added while tapping my fingers on the arm of the couch.

"Yeah? Did she say the part where I became a famous author!?" King blurted out standing up.

I looked over to him while letting out a little chuckle.

"Oh you mean the time when you threw her under the bus and then became a famous author? Yes she did" I responded raising an eyebrow at him.

King raised his arm about to counter my claim but dropped it while looking away with a look of guilt on his face.

"Exactly" I added to rub it in.

Eda chuckled a little bit before we fell silent.

"Aren't you supposed to get Wionna today?" Eda soon asked out which threw me off guard.

"She literally got emitted yesterday..." I dragged out raising an eyebrow.

Eda kept looking at me while trying to mimic the words.

"Yeah...I don't know" I spoke to her while feeling defeated.

"Magic...Lucia" Eda added sounding disappointed.