Chapter 14: A Different Type of Day

Lucia's P.O.V

I was on the brink of collapsing every single second...

As I walked up the trail I just wanted to fall down and cry but on the other hand I knew I needed to get my shit together and try to figure out what to do.

How did I end up here?

How did everything turn so bad?

Why is everything unforgiving? I thought all of this to myself.

Coming to the end of the trail I came out of the forest to be greeted by the big empty parking lot.

In the corner of my eye I saw my car that was parked days ago.

I rushed over to it reaching down grabbing my keys off the top of the front tire.

I quickly unlocked my door before stepping inside breathing heavily.

As I slowly put both of my hands on the steering wheel I began to slowly close my eyes.

All I could see was just darkness, which was obviously expected but it was what I needed for a second.

A place to calm down.

A place to regain my focus.

A place to take back control.

A different type of chaos.

My grip tightened on the steering wheel before my breathing slowed a lot.

I reopened my eyes to realize what was actually happening, but I felt determined to get moving now.

I quickly looked around before starting to think of ideas.

"What can I do..." I whispered under my breath as I looked back into the over grown forest.

Then another a problem occurred in my head.

"Shit, what am I supposed to tell mom!?" I slowly start to freak out again.

"Vacation?!" I thought to myself but that sounded more stupid than anything.

I was really at rock bottom this time and I knew it was just going to get worse before it gets better.

The only somewhat smart way was to let Camila know we are ok but I need to be by myself to figure this one out.

I also can't go to the police because there's no physical evidence that the boiling isles exists so they will just just think I'm crazy.

I quickly pulled out my phone clicking on my moms messages trying to buy some time.

"Hey mamá we're actually gonna stay some longer, I don't know how much longer but I'll let you know soon" I typed out before hesitating to click send.

I let out a deep breath before looking back at my phone scrolling through my contacts.

I needed someone's to stay at for a few days while I figured all this shit out.

Eventually I came across a good friend I could probably crash at for a few days.

"Aye Jaden I need a place to crash for a few nights, not doing good these last couple hours, can I just take the couch?" I sent over a message waiting for a response.

Slouching back into my car seat I threw my phone onto the dashboard out of frustration.

I pulled my eye lids down before starting to rub my temples as it started to get really hot inside of the car.

Quickly I turned it on making sure the A.C was on too.

A few minutes passed before my phone buzzed, grabbing it I saw it was a response from Jaden.

The Life of Firstborns (Sibling AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara