Chapter 17: What even is Home

"Happiness is not a physical place you call home"

Luz's P.O.V

Eda got up from her seat heading towards the kitchen.

I leaned back into the recliner feeling the soft velvet under my hands.

Peaking across to the main couch I could see King sleeping as his chest expanded with every breath he took.

Looking back forwards a surge of adrenaline shot through me.

I didn't know why but it felt like something I needed and it felt good.

I quickly got up thinking of something to do but my body went limp real quick.

"Hey miss Eda is there any plans yet?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen seeing Eda making some type of stew.

"Not at the moment and please just call me Eda, but we're going into town tomorrow to look for some type of answers" she responded while leaning over grabbing some type of herb off the counter.

It kinda felt exiting that we were going to the market tomorrow but I didn't like that I was going to stand out by myself.

"You hungry?" Eda asked while I pondered through my thoughts.

I stumbled back to reality before responding.

"Normally I would be but I'm just not feeling it right now" I chuckled out while rubbing the back of my neck.

Eda just shrugged her shoulders before I slowly walked back into the living room.

King was still sleeping and I have to admit, he is pretty cute.

The sun was fully set now and the nightly aura filled the outside sky.

I took my time as I walked back upstairs heading for Lucia's room, well I guess my room at the moment...

I was starting to feel really dirty but I don't think a shower was going to fix my problems to be honest.

I opened my door before flopping onto my mattress landing on my stomach.

It got uncomfortable pretty quickly so I rolled over onto my back looking up at the ceiling as a little bit of light shined in through the window.

There wasn't really a plan and that worried me. I didn't know if it was because I lost my sister or if it was because I lost my home...but what really is home to be honest?

My family, my friends. I didn't know when I was going to see them next or if ever again and that terrifies me.

My brain felt like a bowl of mashed potatoes at this point and it didn't feel good or ok.

Of course though at some point my head stopped spinning and I managed to fall asleep somehow.
-
-
-
I had to admit I woke up pretty nicely, from what I could gather still being half dead it was very early morning as the sun barely just came up and there was some type of bird chirping outside.

It almost felt too good to be true but I think I just got lucky this time?

Trying not to over think it I quickly shook my head before rubbing my eyes as they stung leaving me in nagging pain.

"My eyes are killing me" I muttered out as I started to rub them harder.

Eventually they started to feel a bit better, taking a look down at the pillow I saw a decent sized wet patch.

"Was I crying...?" I whispered out in shock as I reached over to grab the pillow.

As I picked up the pillow feeling the freshly damped pillow case.