Chapter 30: The First Job

Lucia's P.O.V

This is it.

Today's the day.

Of course I've done plenty of stuff like this in the past and it's nothing big but it's been quite a few months sense then.

Is it really worth it too? Is it the smartest thing to be doing at this moment with everything else going on? I don't know...but it feels good to get adrenaline pumping again.

I sat across from Eda with my hands intertwined, elbows on my knees.

I watched carefully as she flipped each page inspecting it until there literally wasn't anything left.

This whole staff commotion is dragging me in when I shouldn't even be worrying about it right now.

I got to be a contraband mule in a couple hours and all I'm thinking about is some stupid old staff that doesn't even have its palisman.

Luz walked into the living room but I didn't give any notice.

Surprising for the time it seemed she just woke up though she was quick to get into the kitchen.

Eventually I broke my glare off Eda's doings and focused more on what's ahead of today.

Is this a start for something huge? Or is it just another quick cash grab.

The memories this place holds is actually unbelievable but yet it still doesn't fully feel like home.

I guess that's understandable though, but it's nice to see how good Luz gets around with Eda.

Especially how she took me under her wing but I definitely think I caused more trouble.

I was not a very good girl through my teenage years after all.

Maybe one day we'll all kick it back and drink a few beers as the sun sets in the distance.

"LUCICA!" Luz shouted at me as she flailed her arms around.

"Huh?" I confusingly mumbled out as my eyes shot over to hers.

"Your staring at the wall as if your interrogating it..." Luz responded in a soft tone as I looked back at the wall for a second.

"Oh, sorry just...daydreaming" my voice went kinda droopy as my eyes moved past Luz's head and onto Eda who was now holding the bottom part of a staff.

Luz quickly caught on and sharply turned her head too as Eda seemed generally stressed about it.

"You ok over there?" Luz sympathetically asked as Eda looked up at the both of us.

"You two might want to come over here real quick..." Eda muttered out as she started flipping through one of the books on the table.

Luz and I scuttled around the other side before Eda pulled out a few potions placing them onto the coffee table.

One was just a bottle of clear liquid but the other was this vibrant neon green goo that seemed memorizing every time you stared at it.

Eda then ran her finger along some text as she placed the staff above the book on the table.

She grabbed both little bottles before pulling the corks off.

Starting with the green one Eda poured out the goo along the old wooden staff as it seeped into the cracks and crevices.

Once the bottle was empty she grabbed the one with clear liquid and repeated the same thing.

Then in an instant the staff started to radiate, as in purple fumes were coming off of it.