𝟏𝟑. | 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝

His pupils shaken with the sight of her, her gorgeous face covered in her own blood, her black curly hair soaked with wet rain. Her mascara dripped on her face, with anger in her fierce eyes. He was frozen. His eyes filled with fear, the sight of her made him scared. He studdered, a word tried to escape his mouth but it couldn't. "Missed me?" she mocked with a devilish smirk on her face. He looked uncomfortable, powerless for the first time.

"H-how can you-" he studdered, "Still alive?" she continued with a sinful face, almost like her inner devil digged to the surface, showing her true self for the first time.

"Did you really thought that I would trust you Riddle? You did underestimated me and I would be dead if I was stupid." she yelled with anger and pain, expressing them all. His deep green eyes tried to hide the feelings that he felt. He tried to speak but he just couldn't find the right words. "We should get even, I could simply kill you here and yours would last forever." she screamed, filling her lungs with rage and pain. He tried to say or the something but he was shocked with her effect.

She directed her wand in her hand, lifting his chin. He didn't even moved backwards, he just looked empty, without any type of feelings. "Don't Caroline. I apologise for almost killing you." He didn't sound sincere, he sounded cold and distant. Her hands tightened around her wand. She hesitated to kill him. It was almost like every word of his, touched her soul deeply. He connected through her like a rope was holding them together, he could easily manipulate her by just a gaze. She thought the same, she thought that she would be able to the same.

"Go on kill me Coryn. Don't be a coward. Just say the words." he whispered as he leaned towards her face, her wand shakened as his cold hand wrapped around her fingers. He tightened her hand around the wand and smiled. She was having a hard time to adjust the tension. She tried to avoid looking in his eyes but he was literally forcing her to do.

"Why aren't you killing me Caroline. Do you have feelings for me or something, darling." he grumbled with a sarcastic smile on his face and a tone in his voice. She surely hated this man but she was hesitating for no reason. He was an unbearable person but he was somehow impressive, Caroline thought to herself. She wanted to kill him so bad but she couldn't get over the fact that he somewhat reached her soul. She heard light footsteps coming from the stairs.

His eyes followed how Caroline was distracted. He suddenly grabbed her wand and throw it away, he immediately pulled her neck and twisted her around, as his other hand was pressing her from her waist. She was unable to breath, his cold hand was wounding her skin, his metal rings were giving shivers through her body. "Thanks for that Care now you have to die." he whispered close enough for her skin to tickle. She tried to escape he mascular arms but he was holding her too tight.

She tried to kick his leg but he didn't got hurt, Tom twisted her and pinned her to the ground, surrounding her neck with his veiny hands. she was laying at the cold floor with her tiny hands trying to hit Tom, her legs were blocked by Tom's. He was sitting at the top of her, making her fully unable to harm him. His hands tightened around her neck, she regretted, she regretted that she didn't kill Tom in the first place.

The light footsteps sounded closer, Caroline thought. Tom was too busy to notice the footsteps but Caroline heard them. She just had to stay alive for a bit longer. Her eyes gazed the stairs, she saw a man with a black robe on, it was professor Phertiz. She tried to lean her hand towards him for help. Professor Phertiz revealed his own wand and casted a spell as Tom fell to the ground. She was finally able to move and breathe. He struggled to move, he was hissing in pain. Phertiz walked towards Tom, he grabbed him by the neck of his robes and lifted his body.

"Ventio Aperadim" he hardly casted as he revealed his wand. Phertiz collapsed on the cold ground as he screamed and wined on the ground. "You were right Coryn. This specific spell is really exciting. Its good to use it except the practise." he mocked and kicked the professor's body with the tip of his shoes. "Please don't kill him Tom." she begged him, she was still weak, because of that she crawled to him. She looked powerless, Caroline looked helpless.

"Believe me Tom I've been on this road, killing won't let go of your pain inside you. It will only get you more corrupted. So I'm begging you, please don't corrupt your soul more. I believe that you got good in you." she hardly begged. He didn't hesitated, not once, but when Caroline looked that powerless, helpless like that, he couldn't help himself to feel bad. She was the only woman who he ever was impressed, ever effected. He normally would've  killed both of them within a blink but something was different. Every word from Care's mouth worked on him, and for that she had to be killed.

Phertiz was still crawling at the cold floor, Tom
looked at Caroline with his fierce look. "Why are you still trying Caroline? Isn't that obvious that I would never change my mind by the filthy words that escaped your mouth? I assumed that you were like me, that you were ruthless and would do everything for power. But I guess I was wrong for the first time in my life. You're pathetic and for that, you'll never will achieve anything. You will always be the girl who had potential." he murmered at her'pulling her closer to his face. He released her robes as his eyes traced Phertiz.

"You believe that I don't have potential but guess what. I'm better than you could ever be. I at least have morals while you just have a corrupted mind Tom. You refuse to fight with it so you do exactly what your dark side wants you to do. The darkness controls you but I can control myself. Thats our difference." she hissed. He just smirked, he grabbed Phertiz by the back of his neck and dragged him to the edge of the tower. "Beg for his life so that he'll be spared. You only have to beg me." he looked cruel, Caroline has never been someone who tried to do the right thing, but at the moment she was trying to do better. She was trying to prove everyone in her life that she has good in her.

"I beg you Tom. Don't kill him. I'm begging you." she begged as a tear rolled from her eye. She wasn't crying because the man was gonna die. She was crying because she was desperate. Tom just smiled. The tip of his shoe kicked Phertiz, his pathetic body fell down the tower, Caroline screamed but all she could've done was to look at Tom. She now had no empathy for him, just pure hate. "Why?" she asked with a hateful tone. Tom stared at her and directed his body towards her. "Well it was a necessary situation. And besides, I love to make you beg. Good night Coryn." he explained. She was sitting on the floor watching his beautiful silhouette walk towards her.

"How do you know that I wouldn't go straight to Dumbledore." Caroline asked as another tear rolled from her gorgeous eyes. He looked away, walking next to her. "I know that you are selfish enough to not do that darling. You see, you're not the only one that gets deep in people's souls." he sounded disgusting, Care thought to herself. He walked away from her, leaving her in sadness and a bit of pain.