𝟒. | 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐀 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

Caroline woke up with a terrible headache. She must have been too drunk to have a headache like that. She looked at her body, she was still in the same clothes as yesterday. She cast a bath spell so she wouldn't have to actually wash herself, she wasn't in the mood for the day. She heard her cat, Salem making noises under the bed. She lifted her body from the bed and looked under her bed. "You little naughty cat. What were you doing under there? Let's give you some food huh Salem." she spoke with her cat. She's been doing that since she was a child and Salem and her were each other's supporters.

Students were allowed to have animals in their room unless if their roommates are complaining. Hogwarts taught spells to make the animals full all the time. Caroline searched her book and found the spell. So she cast 'Horeio Animales.' she was actually happy to not deal with Salem's unnecessary appetite. She looked next to her bed and Leta was still sleeping. She changed her clothes and left the room all to Leta. She went down to the common room. She saw Corvina and the boys chitchatting with each other.

"Morning gorgeous." Nolan complimented Caroline. "Merlin Nolan. Stop flirting with her platonically." Corvina teased him. "Well, I am a funny and a really handsome gentleman. Why would I platonically flirt with her? I would get her if I really wanted." Nolan assured.

"Yeah yeah, Nolan you totally would." Caspian drawled. Corvina laughed and slightly touched Care's shoulder.

"Dear God, you both are absurd." she complained. Caroline looked around the green glorious room. Her gaze immediately catches a boy with curly dark hair and a structure build like a god, she recognized it was Tom Riddle. He was sitting on the rocking chair which was next to the fireplace. He was reading something. He stopped reading out of nowhere, with that their eyes met. Caroline felt inquisitively irritated, she felt her stomach twist and turn with a sick feeling. He made a devilish smirk appear on his face.

She looked away but still, she recognized his stares. Caroline Coryn definitely caught the interest of the mysterious Slytherin boy.

"Care are you okay, you look like you just saw a bloody ghost." Caspian worried. "But she seems still gorgeous to me mate." Nolan cackled. They both giggled but Caroline wasn't paying attention to them. She was fully focused on trying to make it less awkward with Tom's stares. She finally felt relieved. "Caroline for Merlin's sake, can you tell these idiots to shut up?" Corvina asked to Care with a  sarcastic tone as she drove Caroline back to the moment .

"Oh please Caspian, he simply fancies me. No need to interfere with that." Caroline mocked them both. After they spent some time together, Caroline left to go to her first period. She tried to understand where the charms class was. "Sorry for yesterday." she heard a voice behind her. She froze, it was Riddle again. He walked to her and she didn't turn back. Riddle's footsteps sounded more closer than she thought. She wasn't scared but she was loathing.

She gasped with him removing Caroline's hair from her left side. He slowly traced her shoulders with his fingers. He got so close that Caroline could feel his breath on her bare neck. He placed his hands on Caroline's waist and pulled her closer. She was slightly getting frightened. She could sense Tom's cold touch and his breath. He got closer to her ear. "Don't be afraid of me Caroline. I was just curious yesterday." he whispers in her ear and steps back. She felt like she was struck by lightning. She felt weak, powerless. She finally encouraged herself to finally turn to him. She faced him.

"I'm not afraid Riddle. I am simply overwhelmed by your presence." she stated. Tom looked completely empty almost feelingless.

"Do you hate me Care?" he asked looking like he's perplexed.

"No Tom I don't. I get incredibly irritated." she declared.

"Sorry that I irritated you. But I had to get my answers for a reason. You could have simply told me straight away." he suggested. She looked at his eyes. It was nearly impossible to understand what he was thinking.

"You are just a stranger. Why would I tell you anything at all Riddle?" she questioned his senses and his mind. "Because I am me." reassured. She interrupted him "Oh, sorry that I couldn't fulfill your ego." she snapped him. She felt confident, she thought that confidence was a better feeling than horror. "Goodbye Coryn. We'll meet soon." he assured her and left. She was confused. She didn't understand anything about this man. She wouldn't even be worried if this was someone else, but Tom Marvolo Riddle was as emotionless as Caroline. She stopped overthinking and rushed to her charms class. She sat down to the first empty seat she has found. After a few minutes, the professor entered. "Good morning students." she greeted them.

"Oh we got someone new, I see." she speaks and walks towards Caroline's seat. "Hello dear, I'm Proffesor Irina Horne. Whats your name?" she asked Care. She studdered for a second and she finally replied "Ma'am, my name is Caroline Coryn."

the professor looked terrified, Caroline was left confused. Professor Horne walked to her stage, leaving Care's seat. After all of her classes, she was left exhausted. She was left dull and all of her energy drained. She walked to her common room. She saw Caspian doing homework as he was sitting on the green silk sofa. He waved his hand to her and she waved her hand back. She walked towards him. "Hey Care."
"Hey Caspian. What are you doing?" she asked him with  a bright smile.

"Oh just casual homework. I believe thats what you should be starting doing." he smiled.

"Well you should give yourself a serious break. Go and talk with girls I guess. Thats what Nolan has been doing anyway." she mocked and he giggled. "Well girls means problem. I'm happy with my piece of paper and my friends. But thanks really, its nice to have people care about you." he murmured. Caroline softly hit his shoulder with a friendly expression.

She was getting used to here and even making friends. But something wasn't right. She was confused about him. She was disturbed by his presence...
Tom Marvolo Riddle.