𝟓. | 𝐎𝐛𝐞𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧

She had already left the common room. She took a quick shower and organised her books to leave to the library. She headed to the corridors and walked slowly, walking flawlessly with her books on her hands. She finally arrived to the last hallway. She was just doing fine until she realised a hand has grabbed her from her arm and pulled her to the darkness. A hand closed her mouth when she could scream. She  tasted the metal of the rings that trapped her. She felt the pressure of a male body. She smelled a really good perfume and a bit of alcohol. She was confused, she couldn't look at the person because he was holding her too hard. She tried to bite the hand.

"Keep it quiet..." she heard Tom's whisper. She only thought that he was trying to scare her earlier but now she understood it, she understood that he had the potential for daring to hurt her. She understood that this man was dangerous. She finally gives up and stays still. Tom wrapped his hand on her waist, making their bodies closer. He pulled her to the darkness. After all the things she saw, this was nothing to her but she admitted. She admitted that she had to secure herself around him.

She saw Professor Phertiz and Dumbledore meet. Tom and Caroline, watched them walk to each other.

"We have to secure the school."
"But sir-"

"We have to secure every single student. The Coryn girl could be helping him. I saw darkness in her and she doesn't exactly have the best past either. If someone would help him inside, it would be her. Phertiz we can't risk our school closing. We have to immediately start an emergency."

"Yes sir." Phertiz agreed and walked away. Dumbledore slowly walked to the other direction. After Tom made sure that they were gone, he opened my mouth. "What the hell do you think you are doing!" She yelled at him as she walked backwards. "You had to see that." he asserted.

"Who the hell do you think you are!" Caroline thundered. She was raged. He tied his hand at his back and walked over at her. "Calm down darling. Don't raise your voice." he warned her with a devilish smirk. She stopped walking backwards. "What the bloody hell was that!" she blustered.

"I told you to not fucking raise your voice at me!" he hollered and silenced her by grabbing her by her neck and slamming her. He was choking her hard, to give her a lesson but they both knew that she would never stop doing that.

"They're talking about Grindelwald. Apparently he escaped and Dumbledore thinks that he will attack here. They will blame you if he ever gets into school. You will rot in Azkaban for the rest of your life Caroline. You had to see that." he grumbled in her ear. She was trying to handle the tension. He made her stomach twist and turn in disgust. But he was right. He did this one for her wellness.

"But I didn't do anything." she hardly whispered and got Tom's hands off of her. He shakened himself to get rid of the heathened tension he created.

"They don't know that Coryn. Your family was purely loyal to him." he murmered with a smirk.

"We have to learn how to protect ourselves." he suggested.

"I want you to teach me every curse and spell you know. I know for a fact that you know many of them." he asked for her help.

"And what would I get?" she inquired. He smirked and traced her face with his fingertip.

"I'll promise to not kill you and leave you alone." he offered, she just maniacally laughed. Tom was triggered from her laugh. He was trying to stay at his best behaviour but it was hard for him since Caroline was disrespectful towards him.

"No sorry, thats not a fucking offer. Thats bloody using me. In exchange, I want you to teach me every curse and spell you know that I don't know. We're both going to teach other. Thats my only offer, careful Riddle. Its this or never." she stated.

"Fine, follow me." he agreed. She first questioned it but then decided to do what he said. "Where are we going? Riddle answer me." she ranted with anger. Tom immediately stopped and turned at Care. She was confused with him, she continually reminded herself that. She didn't wanted to admit that Tom scared her. He pulled her from her waist to himself, she gasped by the aggressive movement he made. He got closer to her ear and squeezed Caroline's waist rougher. "Don't you ever fucking raise your voice at me! I already told you so!" he ranted back at her.

"And I fucking told you not to lay a hand on me again Riddle. I guess we both don't obey." she whispered in his ear and she pulled her wand at Tom's neck. 'Contrego' she casted a spell that Tom has never heard of. He collapsed on the floor and his every single bone started to feel like they were cracking.

He felt his blood stop running through his veins. He was in pain, he was enjoying the pain. He was obeying the pain. She just stared at him crawling on the ground. "Make it stop!" he shrieked. He was getting actually scared of her. And it truly impressed him, he was impressed about the fact that someone could scare him. After minutes and minutes 'ircontego' she finally ends his pain. He finally was able to breathe. He layed on the ground and breathed deeply. She kneeled on Tom's laying body.

"Remember this if you ever touch me and make me uncomfortable again, will you Riddle." she declares and puts her wand on her pocket. Tom finally stands up and smiles at her with a devilish expression. "I definitely have to learn that. Thanks for the tip." he thanked her, he winked at her and he started walking. She followed him. Care got scared for the first time because he acted like nothing happened.

"You really didn't think that we would practice curses at the hallway like unprofessionals like you are. Did you?" he mocked her. She followed her and leaded her to a wall. He whispered "Shaesh ah." and the walls started to reveal somewhere.

"Wait you know Parseltongue? I had never met someone who can actually do it besides me." she speaked and Tom immediately looked at her. "You have got to be kidding me. For Merlin's sake." he didn't wanted to see her as his equal but the truth was, she was way powerful than him. And that was the reason why he needed her help. He needed her.