5. We Were Training

"Hey boys!" Mina said happily when she saw Kirishima and Bakugo come over to their lunch table.

"Hey Mina," Kirishima greeted. They had just gotten back from training so they were a little sweaty but it wasn't too bad.

"So you boys have fun?" Mina asked with a smirk on her face. It was clear she didn't think they were 'just training.'

Kaminari raised an eyebrow at them curious to know what she was talking about. "Did something happen after you ran off?" He asked. Kaminari wasn't following where Mina was going with her comment but he was curious nonetheless.

Kirishima rolled his eyes and shook his head. "What possibly could have happened?" Kirishima asked.

Bakugo, not wanting to hear all their crazy conspiracies about them, tuned out the conversation and just focused on his food.

"Well Bakugo was on top of you," Mina said cheekily.

Sero spat out his drink, having not been ready to hear that. "What were you even doing??" he had many wild accusations but he didn't know what one would be right.

"Oh shut up," Kirishima said, his cheeks turning a light pink. "We were training."

"Training what?" Kaminari asked with a small smirk and raising an eyebrow when he finally caught on. He was insinuating something had happened between the two, and though he wasn't wrong on that account, it was clear to the others that he thought something ELSE had happened...

Kirishima shot him a small glair telling him to stop. "It's not like that." But Kirishima wasn't sure what it was like. They hadn't said anything on the walk back to the school, and it's not like he was going to bring it up right now with the rest of his friends there.

They continued talking and Kirishima was happy the topic of their second genders never came up, they probably all thought he was an alpha so there was no point in asking.

But then again if they did think he was an alpha how did they think something had happened between Bakugo and him? Alpha/alpha relationships rarely ever work out. It was like less than a 1% chance.

They didn't have any afternoon classes since it had been cleared for the testing and since the class had already finished they were able to go home early. The Bakusquad all walked home together like usual, dropping Sero off first, then Kaminari, then Bakugo.

"So you and Bakugo? Hu?" Mina asked as they walked away from Bakugo's house and towards Kirishimas.

"I don't know what you mean," Kirishima said with a blush forming on his cheeks.

"Oh come on Kiri, something happened between you two, and my bets on you confessing!" She said happily.

"Nothing happened," Kirishima said looking away from his pink friend.

She rolled her eyes. "Are you ever going to confess? Or are you gonna keep it a secret because of the whole 'alpha's and alpha's can't be in a relationship because it never works out' bullshit everyone thinks."

"Mina I'm not-"

"Because it's total bullshit if you ask me if you want a relationship to work you have to work at it-"

"Mina-"

"You can't let people tell you it won't work because of something so stupid," She continued to rant. "If you like him you should just tell him, and then work on you're relationship and make sure it works out."

"Mina I'm not an alpha," Kirishima was finally able to say after she stopped ranting.

"Oh," she said taking in the information. "Beta then?" She asked tilting her head a little. The fact that Kirishima wasn't an alpha was very strange to her.

"No," Kirishima said shyly.

"Oh, so omega then," Mina said. Kirishima nodded his head. "Ok, that's great! Now the stats don't matter!" Mina seemed way more interesting in Kirishima's love life than his second gender and for that Kirishima was grateful. "You should just tell him!"

Kirishima rolled his eyes and turned to walk up to his driveway. "Bye Mina," he said over his shoulder.

"I'm sure he feels the same, Kiri! Just tell him or I'll steal him from ya," She yelled. He knew she was joking, Mina was in no way attracted to Bakugo and she never planned on gaining a romantic attraction to him.

Kirishima smiled a little and rolled his eyes.

The redhead got home to an empty house, though that was normal. His mom was a doctor and his dad always worked extremely odd hours of the day. He was rarely home so for most of Kirishima's childhood it was him and his mom. Whenever his dad was home Kirishima was usually fast asleep or at school.

Heading up to his room Kirishima threw his bag on his bed and heard something clatter around. Kirishima remembered it was the pills the nurse gave him.

He figured keeping it in his bag would be best, then it would be there if his heat broke at school.

Flopping down beside his bag Kirishima closed his eyes and rested an arm across his forehead. It's only been half the day but he felt so drained. So much had happened that it was almost too much for him to process.

Finding out he was an omega was one thing but Bakugo kissing him was something way bigger and harder for him to process. Bakugo hadn't even acted like anything happened between them during lunch or on the walk home. How was he able to act so normal?

"Should I text him?" The redhead pondered aloud, lifting his arm from his head and taking his phone out of his pocket. His thumb hovered over the messages app. "No," he decided, putting it upside down on the bed.

"But maybe I should?" He said picking it up again clicking the app. "What if he doesn't want to talk right now?" He put it back down.

"Damn it Eijiro just make a decision," Kirishima yelled at himself as he pressed the poms of his hands against his face and kicked his legs around.

"I'll just talk to him tomorrow," he said rolling over onto his stomach pushing his face into his pillow. "Then we'll figure out what we really are," he said into his pillow.

(Posted Jan, 22 2021)