28. Problem In The Dorms

Everyone settled into the dorms fairly quickly. And though it had been discouraged, Bakugo and Kirishima had already made a habit of sleeping together in one of their rooms.

It was mostly because Kirishima had groan to like having someone with him, there was always a strange comfort that came from having Bakugo at his side while he was sleeping.

Bakugo had also grown to like having Kirishima with him at night, it made him feel like he could protect the omega from anything bad that might happen. He didn't want to see Kirishima go through something bad ever again.

Sadly you don't always get what you want, and things happen.

"Guys? We have a problem," Mina said peeking her head into the common room. She and Kirishima had gone into town to pick up some things... but it didn't go all that well.

Bakugo, who was sitting in the common room, looked over at the pink beta. He noticed Kirishima's absence, or at least, he thought the omega wasn't there. "Where's Eijiro?" He asked.

"What's wrong?" The follow-up question coming from Sero.

"Is Kiri ok? Why isn't he here?" Kaminari asked.

"Umm well..." Mina started, only making her friend's nerves grow. "He kinda got hit with a kid's quirk..."

"HE WHAT?" Bakugo shouted, standing from the couch.

Mina looked to her side and nodded at, who they assumed was Kirishima, to come in. When they didn't seem to want to come into the common room, Mina grabbed his hand and pulled him through the doors.

And there stood middle school Kirishima, wearing an oversized sweater and shorts. He moved back behind Mina, peaking out to see everyone. His eyes fell on Bakugo, staring for a moment too long before blushing a deep red and hiding again.

They were all shocked.

The quirk Kirishima had been hit with had turned him back in time, body and mind. Everything about him had reverted three years, give or take.

"Kirishima?" Kaminari was the first to get over the shock.

He looked up, trying his best to hold eye contact with the yellow-eyed omega. "Y-yeah?"

Bakugo was probably the most shocked out of all of them. He had seen a few photos of when he was in middle school, but seeing 13-year-old Kirishima in front of him had thrown his brain for a loop. Black hair, bright red eyes, short, shy, one of those things lined up with who he was dating.

His boyfriend had told him he used to be a shy kid before high school, but he can't picture that this kid is past Kirishima. It just didn't make sense. Kirishima being anything but loud and outgoing didn't make sense.

"You're Eijiro?" Bakugo asked, his mind not processing what he was seeing or hearing.

He looked back over at Bakugo, his cheeks flushing a darker red before he nodded, unable to take his eyes away. "U-umm y-yeah, who are- who are you?" He asked.

"He doesn't remember us?" Sero asked Mina in a quiet tone.

Mina shook her head. "He recognized me but I knew him at that age so that's why." She turned to Kirishima, leaning down a little because of the height difference. "Kiri, this is Sero, Kaminari, and Bakugo, you remember me telling you about our friends right?" She asked.

Mina had done her best to explain everything when they were coming to the dorms. She told him about the entrance exam, that he got into UA, and about their friends and classmates, but it was all still very overwhelming for Kirishima.

He stared at Bakugo, the feeling that he knew him from somewhere, but where?

When Bakugo caught him staring he ducked back behind Mina, using her as a human shield. The alpha walked over to them, a blank face that could only mean trouble in Mina's future. "I'll deal with you later," he said to Mina before making her move out of the way. "Eijiro, you don't remember me at all?" He asked.

Kirishima studied his face longer, blushing harder by the second. He was attractive, like really attractive. "I-I umm- n-no-" then something clicked, like a puzzle piece. His eyes widened for a fraction of a second as he remembered something. "W-wait you're the guy from the field trip!" Suddenly he looked mortified, a typhoon of embarrassment washing over him. "Oh my god you're the guy from the field trip," he muttered hiding his face in his hands.

"Huh?" Bakugo asked, clearly not remembering what he was talking about. "What the fuck are you talking about?" He asked Kirishima. "What the fuck is he talking about?" He asked the others as if they would know.

Mina looked just as confused though it only lasted a second before a metaphorical light bulb popped over her head. "Wait HE'S the guy?" She asked now turning to Kirishima.

"Can one of you fill us in?" Sero asked, stepping closer to the group.

"Oh my god!" Mina's face lit up as she turned to the others. "When Kiri and I were in elementary school we went on this field trip into Japan with our school. And ANOTHER school was there as well!" As she explained, the memories slowly started to come back to Bakugo. Wait... that had been Kirishima? "Kiri got separated from our group while we were out doing something, and... well he has to explain the rest, I wasn't there." Kirishima's cheeks were an ungodly red, and it looked like his fight or flight was going to kick in any second.

Instead, Bakugo stepped in, sound a little dazed as the memories flooded back. He couldn't believe that had been Kirishima. "I found him crying in a corner, brought him back to my teacher and we helped him find his class again," he said. "You wouldn't stop crying and apologizing because you didn't want to be a burden."

"Kiri told me you held his hand the whole time and that you were his first crush," she teased.

"First crush huh?" Bakugo could remember the trip now. They had been at some museum, he had been trying to get away from Midoriya because he wouldn't stop blabbing about the different exhibits. When trying to find a quiet space, Bakugo stumbled upon Kirishima, who had been curled in a ball in the corner of the room crying after getting lost.

Even though he had been apologizing for causing trouble, Kirishima's grip that he had had on Bakugo's arm had been nearly painful. His class had unknowingly left Kirishima in the museum alone and after convincing the scared boy to go with him to his teacher, he wouldn't let go, as if he was scared Bakugo would disappear if he did. Bakugo hadn't said anything else other than, "don't get lost again," after they found his school group.

The memory had lingered in the back of Bakugo's mind for a year after that, subconsciously looking out for the black-haired shy kid he had seen, but the memory soon faded and didn't match the kid he had met at the beginning of his time at UA.

"A-Ashido you d-didn't have to t-tell him that," Kirishima whined.

"Sort of cute that he was your first crush," Sero stepped in.

"Seeing as you're dating now and all," Kaminari continued.

"W-we're what???" Kirishima asked, bringing his hands down from his face so he could see the others. His face was as red as ever, and with the amount of teasing Sero and Kaminari planned on doing, it wasn't going back to normal for a while.

Trying to accept the fact that his body and mind had turned back in time was hard enough. It was harder to believe that someone like Bakugo, strong, handsome, and weirdly caring towards him was his BOYFRIEND.

Bakugo rolled his eyes, an annoyed look on his face. "We're dating, or at least me and you're older self." He cursed under his breath. "I don't get how this time stuff works."

"Wow Bakugo doesn't know how something works, that's new," Sero teased.

"Fuck off Tape Face."

"I am so confused," Kirishima muttered, trying to process everything,

(Posted June 18, 2021)