23. Together Again

It took a few days for Kirishima to finally forgive his friends properly and ask to eat with them again. Of course, they all said yes, and that was accompanied by a few extra apologies that Kirishima just said small "thanks" to.

"So what have you been up to for these past two weeks Kiri? You've barely talked with us," Sero started when the table's silence had become too much.

Kirishima looked down at the table. He should give them at least a little reasoning for him going off-grid that first week before the incident that weekend. "Well Uhh... my mom's funeral," he said slowly. "And umm I got kicked out of my dad's house," he said even quieter.

The table became quiet again.

"We're sorry to hear that," Mina nearly whispered as she looked down at her plate. "If you need somewhere to stay-"

"He's staying with me," Bakugo cut in before she could finish, his arm finding its way around Kirishima's waist and pulling him a little closer.

Mina closed her mouth and nodded. It was awkward... it was very very awkward. Kirishima didn't like how it was so weird with his friends now, he just wanted things to go back to normal but he didn't know how they could at the moment.

Bakugo nudged Kirishima under the table trying to get him to say something. The alpha may not be very fond of these three right now, but anything was better than another meal with Midoriya and his friends.

"Umm, yeah, Kat offered for me to stay with him, so you don't need to worry about where I'm staying," Kirishima said trying to pick the conversation back up out of the dark caverns it had fallen into.

"That's cool," Sero said, trying to keep the conversation going but not knowing how to. "So uhh, that homework Present Mic gave was pretty hard right?" He asked.

"Tsk, it's easy, you all are just stupid," Bakugo huffed.

"Well for your information Bakugo, I already finished it and found it easy," Kaminari told him with a matter-of-fact tone before sticking his tongue out at the alpha.

"Yeah right, you probably fucked it all up," the alpha said rolling his eyes.

Kaminari just shrugged. "I may be dyslexic but that doesn't mean I'm not good at English, it's Japanese that always gets me."

"But isn't Japanese your first language?" Kirishima asked.

Kaminari just shrugged, it was a mystery to him as well. "My brain works in mysterious ways, Kiri."

Bakugo scoffed. "Does it work at all?"

Kirishima couldn't help but laugh lightly as they fell back into their playful banter.

"So you're talking with your friends again," Bakugo noted as they walked home after school.

Kirishima scratched the back of his neck and shrugged. "I... I don't like what they said about you," the omega admitted. "But they're my friends, and they apologized. It was just a misunderstanding so I want to give them another chance."

Bakugo smiled softly at his boyfriend. "Tsk, isn't that basically what I said before?" The alpha grumbled, turning his head away from Kirishima.

Kirishima bumped his shoulder against Bakugo's and laughed. "You're just a secret softie who liked hanging out with our friends," he teased.

"You're friends, and I just didn't want to eat lunch with the damn nerd and those extras again because of a stupid petty fight."

Kirishima just chuckled. "Says the alpha who gets into petty fights all the time."

"Those aren't petty fights hair for brains," Bakugo grumbled. The omega just slung his arm around Bakugo's neck, leaning into him slightly and humming softly.

"Whatever you say, babe," he told Bakugo giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

Bakugo's face flushed red and he looked away in an attempt to hide. "Why are you calling me babe all of a sudden, I thought I was Kat to you."

"Yeah, but I like having more than one nickname for you," Kirishima smiled. "And you blush whenever I call you babe. You don't blush often so it's my only chance on seeing you all flustered! Why? Do you not like me calling you babe?"

"Tsk," Bakugo stared at the ground as they walked. "Whatever, it doesn't matter Eij."

Kirishima chuckled. "You're so soft," he told the blond. "Why don't you show the others this side of you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Bakugo lied as they walked up to his house and he took out his key.

"Mmmh I think you do," Kirishima pried. "You don't yell at me, and you're nice to me."

Bakugo remembered Kirishima bringing this up previously and he wondered if the omega thought he wasn't worthy of Bakugo's kindness. "It's cuz I love you, dumbass." His words were mumbled as he opened the door and kicked off his shoes.

Kirishima held back his smile. "Sorry, what was that babe? I didn't quite hear you," he teased.

Bakugo huffed, turning to look at Kirishima. He backed the omega against the door, boxing him in with his arms. "I fucking love you, and I don't owe those extras a damn thing, but you deserve everything."

Now Kirishima was a blushing mess. He should have seen it coming, but it didn't matter how many times he found himself being pinned against a wall by Bakugo he would always blush.

"I'm being nice to you because I love you, so get that through your thick skull," Bakugo told him. Kirishima nodded, unable to make his words work. The alpha chuckled softly. "Do I make you that speechless?"

Kirishima felt his face heat up more. He hid his face in his hands and nodded. "I don't know how to respond when you say stuff like that," the omega mumbled in his hands.

Bakugo chuckled softly again following it up with a low hum. "You're cute when you're flustered," he mumbled, using a hand to lift Kirishima's chin. A smirk formed on Bakugo's lips as he leant in slowly. "Makes me want to kiss you."

"S-so kiss me," Kirishima muttered, making himself look the alpha in his eyes.

Bakugo didn't waste time connecting their lips, tilting his head to the side. Kirishima's arms wrapped loosely around his boyfriend's neck, trying to pull him just a little closer.

This was something neither of them would ever get bored of.

The omega hummed softly into the kiss before pulling back with a smile. He was going to say something but without warning the door opened, pushed him into Bakugo as the two stumbled away from the door.

"Brat we're- oh what are you two doing in the doorway?" Mitsuki asked stepping into the house and being followed by her husband.

Bakugo grumbled, annoyed that his mom ruined the mood. Kirishima's cheeks flushed red as he tried to act normal. "U-Uhh hello Mrs. Bakugo, Mr. Bakugo."

"Dear I already told you to call me Mitsuki, didn't I?"

(Published May 28, 2021)