3. Train With Me

Bakugo threw a punch and Kirishima blocked it. "So tell me," Bakugo started as he tried to kick Kirishima. "Why were you crying?"

Kirishima punched again knocking Bakugo back a little. "It's none of your business," he said taking a small step back to get ready for the next attack.

Bakugo tried another right hook. "It is my business," he punched again. "When my best friend is crying."

Kirishima smiled as he blocked another one of Bakugo's punches. "Aww, you said I'm your best friend." Bakugo had never said that before so it almost took Kirishima by surprise. Bakugo scoffed and Kirishima punched again and tried knocking him over again. "But still, it's just some personal stuff, and stop holding back." Kirishima felt like he was going easy on him and that was the last thing he needed right now.

"Personal like your results?" Bakugo asked. Kirishima hesitated a moment and soon found himself pinned to the ground both his arms being held above his head while his legs were being pinned by Bakugo. The blond in question sat on top of Kirishima keeping him from moving. "You hesitated," Bakugo noted.

They were very close and Kirishima could feel his face starting to heat up a little, thankfully it wasn't noticeable because they were already hot from training. Kirishima looked away from his friend but didn't struggle in his grip.

"I said it's none of your business," Kirishima muttered. "It's just some personal stuff."

Bakugo stared down at the redhead. He had a feeling he knew what was going on. "Don't tell anyone I said this, but I want to help, believe it or not, I actually care about you Shitty hair," Bakugo grumbled. Kirishima looked up at Bakugo a little surprised. "You're like my only friend and all that shit." He wasn't one to be sappy so he was trying to make it short.

"Aww Bakugo has a heart," Kirishima joked hoping the conversation would be dropped.

"Shut it hair for brains or I'll take it all back," Bakugo said moving his legs so he was kneeling properly, though Kirishima's arms were still pinned. "Now what's going on with you?"

Kirishima's smile fell slightly. "I said it was none of you're business," Kirishima said trying to pull his hands out of Bakugo's hold, but it was no use.

Bakugo rolled his eyes and let out something that sounded like a forced laugh. "Right, not my business. You're distracted and trying to train with me. It's my business because you're not at 100% like you should be." Kirishima was about to open his mouth to deny this but was cut off. "Oh don't even try to deny it, you would have been out of this already if you're head was really clear," Bakugo said referring to his hold on Kirishima.

Kirishima turned his head to the side so he didn't have to look at Bakugo. "Ok, something is bothering me," Kirishima admitted. "But that doesn't mean I have to tell you, I need to work this out on my own, it wouldn't be manly of me to rely on-"

"Screw being manly for one fucking second shitty hair, you're allowed to have feelings," Bakugo nearly yelled. "And you're allowed to ask for help."

Kirishima couldn't help but laugh a bit at this. "Says the guy who's only mood is anger," Kirishima said. "And it's not like you ask people for help if you have problems."

"I'm serious Shitty hair," Bakugo said his grip tightening slightly around Kirishima's wrists.

"Can we just get back to sparing?" Kirishima asked not wanting to get into the subject, especially since Bakugo was still pinning him down.

"We can continue sparing when you get out of this hold," Bakugo said.

Kirishima huffed and looked up at Bakugo unimpressed. He pulled at his hands for a moment before getting one free and using it to help him try and get his legs around Bakugo.

(Me trying to explain a move I learned in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu...)

He tried to roll them over so he was on top but Bakugo wasn't having it and they ended up rolling several times in the other direction from the momentum. Bakugo was still on top but Kirishima had a better chance of getting out with the position they landed in.

Before Kirishima could do anything the door to the training room opened and they both looked to see who it was. It was Mina.

Her cheeks turned a dark shade of pink "I-I'm sorry, I-I'll come back later," she said about to leave again.

Kirishima realized what it might have looked like from an outside perspective. Both boys were panting, red, and it didn't help that Bakugo was on top and Kirishima's legs were wrapped around his waist. (Ps that's part of the move he was about to try and flip them)

Kirishima's legs dropped from Bakugo's waist and he tried to squirm out from under him. "Bakugo get off me," he said. "Mina wait!" He added as Bakugo got off him and he ran over to his friend.

"I-It's fine, I-I'll talk to you later," she said.

"No it's fine, we were just training, nothing more," he felt like he had to add that since she probably thought they were about to do something else. "What do you need?"

Bakugo walked up behind Kirishima but stayed quiet.

"Well, when Kaminari saw you run off early we got worried. Bakugo came looking for you but when you guys didn't come back we got more worried and I came looking," she explains.

"Kaminari saw me run off?" Kirishima asked. He had been too distracted to pay any attention to those in the halls. Mina nodded. "Sorry for worrying you."

"Why did you run off like that? It's not like you," Mina said ignoring the small grumbles that were coming from Bakugo who wanted to get back to training.

Kirishima scratched the back of his neck. "I-It's nothing, really," he said. Mina noticed how he was avoiding her eyes. "I just wanted some fresh air and then Bakugo offered to train."

Mina wasn't satisfied with that answer.

"Hey Raccoon eyes, just let us get back to sparing," Bakugo grumbled before she could ask again. This was partly because he wanted to train more, but also because he could see the discomfort in Kirishima. He knew he wasn't going to talk about it any time soon so why let Mina waste her breath on asking.

Mina looked between the two then sighed. "Fine," she said. "If you need to talk I'm here, ok?" She told Kirishima in a serious tone. She waited for him to nod before opening the door. "See you guys later."

Kirishima let out a sigh as the door closed, almost forgetting about the angry pomeranian behind him. He closed his eyes for a second before turning back to Bakugo. "Want to train more?"

Bakugo smirked. "Why not."

(Posted Jan 8, 2021)