11. Fight

(Warning: strong language and verbal abuse I'll put a warning at the end for those who are skipping the sensitive parts.)

Kirishima's plan to keep his relationship with Bakugo a secret from his parents backfired as soon as Bakugo left his house.

"So he's your boyfriend?" Kirishima's dad asked from his reclining chair after Kirishima had said goodbye to Bakugo.

"W-what?" Kirishima asked, a new wave of fear and nausea washing over him.

"I heard you two talking." he seemed rather calm but Kirishima had a feeling I wouldn't last long.

"I-uhh I don't know what you mean," Kirishima said not sure where to look.

"Don't play dumb with me boy, what happened to that girl you said you were dating? why couldn't you stay with her and be fucking normal?" he snapped, getting out of his seat and walking over to Kirishima. Kirishima stared at the ground twiddling with his thumbs. "Well, boy?"

"I uhh... I never went out on a date with a girl, it was Bakugo," he said quietly. "I-I don't even like girls in that way."

"So it's not good enough that your a fucking worthless omega but you got to be a fag as well," his dad spat at him. "Fucking typical. I thought I taught you better, I taught you to be a fucking man, not a-a man hoer!" He yelled at Kirishima.

The redhead was nearly in tears. "Dad I-" Kirishima was cut off by the door opening.

"I'm home!" His mom's voice came. Kirishima thanked whatever god was out there, maybe his mom can help. "How was everyone's- sweetie what's wrong?" She cut herself off when she saw Kirishima almost in tears and her husband about ready to blow a fuse.

"Your son is a fucking faggot," Kirishima's dad yelled. "He's sick in the head."

"Eichi, what are you talking about?" Kirishima's mom asked looking concerned. she could smell the booze coming off her husband and had a feeling that was why he was having this outburst.

"His so-called fucking boyfriend was over," his dad spat. "And I am not going to fucking tolerate that kind of behaviour in this house!" He yelled.

"What?" Kirishima asked, scared. Was he getting kicked out? Where was he even supposed to go?

"Eichi what are you on about?" His mom asked raising her voice at the alpha.

"Ejiro, I want you out of this house if you don't break up with that fucking alpha," his dad said putting his foot down.

Kirishima's mom stepped in front of Kirishima. "You are not going to just throw our son out of the house like that for loving someone. Your drunk, you're not thinking straight." Kirishima hated taking shelter behind his mom but that seemed to be his only option at the moment unless he wanted to possibly escalate the situation.

"He's the one not fucking thinking straight! I will not have a fucking fag in my house!" His father yelled. "It is disgusting!"

"Then you get out." The room fell silent. Kirishima could tell she was serious. "If you aren't going to accept our son then you are the one that's going to have to leave." Her tone was deadly and her stare even more so.

"You bitch, do you know who paid for this house? Keeping this roof over your head?"

"Ya, It was me, I was the one working long hours at the hospital to put food on the table, I was the one working hard to afford school for Eijiro and I was the one who paid for all the bills while your drunk ass was always in between jobs and off gambling and spending that money." She jabbed her finger at him over and over.

Kirishima was shocked. He didn't know that. He hadn't known that his dad's long shifts at odd times of the day and night were just him out gambling. They had kept that from him. Though now that he thought of it, it made sense. He didn't know how he hadn't caught on sooner.

"So I'll say it again, if you're not going to accept and love Eijiro then I want you out of this house by tomorrow morning."

For the first time, Kirishima's dad seemed speechless. "You're a fucking bitch," he muttered going upstairs.

(⚠️ok it's over read on as you please)

Kirishima's mom turned to him with a sympathetic look. "Are you ok sweetheart?" she asked cupping Kirishima's face in her hands. Her thumb rubbed a small circle on Kirishima's cheek like she used to do when he was sad or sick.

Kirishima nodded, unable to process what had just happened. "Ya, mom, I'm fine," he said quietly.

"Good," she said smiling. "How about I make hot chocolate and you can tell me about this boyfriend of yours?"

Kirishima smiled a little and nodded. "Sure, that sounds nice." As long as he didn't have his father yelling at him anymore he would be ok.

Kirishima was given a small kiss on his forehead before his mom went to the kitchen to boil the water.

Kirishima took in a shaky breath. Apparently, Bakugo hadn't been wrong when he had called his dad a dead beat, Kirishima just hadn't known.

Kirishima slumped onto the couch and closed his eyes for a moment. One of his parents seemed to hate him even more now while the other wanted to hear about Bakugo. Not exactly the reaction he wanted but he'd just have to work with it.

"So," his mom started as she handed Kirishima a steaming hot cup of hot chocolate. "Tell me about this boyfriend of yours, what's his name?"

Kirishima stared at his cup. A small smile slipped onto his lips, forgetting about his father for the time being. "Bakugo, Bakugo Katsuki." Kirishima stirred his cup for a moment letting out a small chuckle. "He's hot-headed, and loud, like extremely loud, but... he's also hard-working and though he doesn't show it often I know he cares about me, and everyone in our class. He Uhh- I think he's gonna make a great hero, even if he gets into arguments with almost everyone he works with."

His mom smiled and placed a hand lightly on his shoulder. "Well, I'm glad your happy, that's all I could ask for."

Kirishima smiled a little but it soon fell. "Do you think dad hates me?" Kirishima asked looking up at his mom. His father's words tumbled around his head longer than he should have let them.

"I think, it will take time," she said honestly. "He still loves you, he just... doesn't know how to react."

"He was mad at me, but I can't control how I feel and I just- I don't know." Kirishima put his hot chocolate on the coffee table and curled into a ball. He had spent so much of his life trying to please his father but after this past week, Kirishima had turned into everything his father seemed to hate and look down upon.

"You know what sweetheart? It doesn't matter what your father thinks, I know first hand he can be a dick, but he'll learn to accept this."

Kirishima smiled a little giving a small nod.

Their talk continued through a few cups of hot chocolate, Kirishima's mom wanting to know everything she could know about Bakugo. In the end, Kirishima ended up falling asleep on his mom's shoulder as he used to when he was little. She kissed his forehead and carried her son up to his room to tuck him in.

(published Mar 5 2021)