15. I Told You So

"Man my stomach hurts," Kirishima whined slightly as he grabbed an apple from the counter.

"Are you ok?" His mom asked going into protective mother mode. "Do you need to stay home?" She asked.

"Nah, I'll be fine mom, nothing I can't handle," he said smiling. He figured it was just something he ate yesterday that wasn't agreeing with him and by the time he got to school it would be gone. "Besides, it's Friday, I can rest all I want when I get home and just do homework over the weekend."

"Are you sure sweetie? I can call the school and tell them your sick, and if you need I can stay home with you," she continued. "Take care of you like I used to before you got all grown up."

Kirishima chuckled a little. "Mom I'm fine, go to work and I'll go to school," Kirishima said handing his mom her purse.

"If it gets worse call me and I'll pick you up," she said as Kirishima practically pushed her out the door.

"Ok, I will," he said halfheartedly. "Love you," he said waving her off.

"Love you too Eij, see you when I get home, I get off work early today," she said kissing his forehead.

Kirishima closed the door and finished getting ready for school by the time a knock came at the door.

Opening it he saw his boyfriend. "Oh hey, Kat! What are you doing here?" He said smiling brightly.

"What does it look like? I'm walking you to school dumbass," Bakugo grumbled. "Ready to go?" He asked a little nicer.

"Yep!" Kirishima grabbed his bag and closed the door locking it behind him. "Do you think Aizawa's graded the assignments we did a while back?" Kirishima asked, taking Bakugo's hand and started to walk to school.

"He better, he's had enough time by now," Bakugo said, annoyed. "How long does it talk to grade a stupid 5 slide project?"

"You know he does have other things to do other than grade work all day right?" Kirishima pointed out. "He has a life."

"That fucker sleeps all day, what life could he have?"

"Well for one he's a pro hero, and two I heard he was married with two kids so..." Kirishima trailed off.

"As if he could manage a family, he could barely manage our class," Bakugo said.

"You're giving him less credit than he deserves, I mean he saved all of our lives on several occasions," Kirishima pointed out.

"I still don't see how he could have a proper life," Bakugo said.

The walk continued with Kirishima swinging their hands slightly.

The pain in Kirishima's stomach picked up slightly making him whence as he stepped. "Ow," Kirishima muttered pressing his hand to his side. It was like a massive cramp on steroids.

Bakugo stopped walking, looking a little worried. "Are you ok?" He asked putting a hand on Kirishima's shoulder and one on his arm.

"Yep, just peachy," Kirishima forced a smile. "My stomach's just a little off that's all."

Bakugo didn't look satisfied. "Are you sure Eijiro?" Now that Bakugo was looking, Kirishima did look a little redder than usual. "Do you have a fever?"

"I'm fine, it's just a stomach ache, come on we'll be late for school," Kirishima said. Bakugo didn't believe him, to him it seemed like more than just a stomach ache.

As the day went on it became increasingly clear that Kirishima should have stayed home. He was starting to feel light-headed along with a constant pounding behind his eyes and his legs were weak. He couldn't focus in class or on his friends during lunch.