21. You Think I Did That...

Kirishima sat up on the bathroom counter as his boyfriend re-bandaged his injuries, putting new healing ointment on each one. "You know I can do this myself Kat, I'm not useless."

"No, you're not, but I'm not either and I want to help you," Bakugo said with a small growl in his voice that he didn't mean to put there. "And besides, I'm not good with emotional shit so I can't properly talk to you about your mother, this is the only way I know how to help," he muttered.

Kirishima felt his eyes tear up at the mention of his mother. He hadn't talked much about it, even if he knew that was the best way to deal with everything. Even at the funeral, the very short, very small, funeral his father had given her, the Thursday after she passed, Kirishima didn't talk to anyone who was there. Now, part of the reason he hadn't talked was that everyone there was his dad's friends. He didn't have any relatives in the area and his mom's parents had died a few years back, leaving only his dad's family who he didn't think were even invited to the funeral.

"You're being too nice," the omega muttered turning his head away. "I'm not used to it."

"So you keep saying."

"It's true."

Bakugo just let out a small breathy laugh and looked up at his boyfriend as he finished with the bandages. "Would you rather me be mean and bossy?" He asked leaning forward only enough for their lips to ghost over each other.

Kirishima's face tinted a bright red. "I-I wasn't saying I didn't like you being nice," he muttered trying to push forward so they could kiss, but Bakugo pulled away with a chuckle.

"I act how I wanna act Shitty Hair." The alpha stepped back from the counter to put the first aid equipment away. "Now come on, let's go out for lunch, I'm hungry."

Kirishima nodded and jumped off the counter. He hadn't been outside in a while so it would probably do some good clearing his head.

"Hey Kat?" Kirishima asked as they headed to the front door, slipping on their shoes. Bakugo grunted indicating he was listening. "Thanks, for letting me stay here, and taking care of me like this. I-I appreciate it a lot."

"What else was I supposed to fucking do? Let you stay in one of those run-down motels like you had planned on? No fucking way." Bakugo opened the door for Kirishima. "You're my boyfriend, I'm going to do what I can to help. Even if you say it's out of character."

The redhead laughed a little and left the house. "You're such a softy for me," Kirishima cooed, taking Bakugo's hand as the alpha locked the door.

"Yeah, whatever," he grumbled.

They decided on going to a small cafe not too far from Bakugo's house. It wasn't exactly the alpha's scene but the coffee was good so he didn't care.

After ordering their drinks and food Kirishima's eyes wandered around the small shop. It had a few tables set up inside and outside, and there were a bunch of small plants scattering the place. The urge to go and touch the succulents was nearly overpowering but the omega held himself back.

"We should eat outside," Kirishima said when they got their pastries and drink. "It's a nice day and we haven't spent much time outside this weekend."

Bakugo just hummed lowly, following the omega to one of the tables outside. What neither of them was expecting was to find their friends about to walk into the cafe as well.

"Oh, Kiri! Bakugo!" Kaminari greeted happily.

"We thought you guys were busy, you never answered our texts," Mina said, her hands on her hips.

Kirishima scratched the back of his head and gave a small shy smile. "Sorry, a lot happened over the weekend, I turned off my phone."

"And I don't give a fuck when you guys text me," Bakugo grumbled.